• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Interesting tidbit here on final month of the season (Credit to Inside Pitch)

''The Angels worst performance in ANY month this season was their 14-12 April. They have 26 games left -- if they do no better than 14-12 they win 97 games.. For the A's to tie them they would have to 19-7, a .730 winning percentage. Their best performance in ANY month all year came in April when they went 18-9.... a .667 winning percentage.''

Cliffs: We'd have to have our worst monthly record of the season in September, and Oakland would have to have their best monthly record of the season in September -- to only just tie. Odds of that happening are very slim.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

They are going to have to fatten up on their next 13 games against HOU, CLE, TEX, MIN to make the last stretch of games less dramatic.  If they can go 10-3 or 9-4 during that time it would gie them 92-93 wins meaning a commanding lead before the final 7 against SEA and 3 against OAK.

Edited by mulwin444

Tell you what, how about the Angels just keep playing good ball and winning? A few of you gave mentioned 1995. Been there. And I've been there for the playoffs in '82 and '86. We can play mathematical games all day long but as quick as Oakland fans saw their team go from one game back to five is as quick as we can see it, too. OGAAT.

Tell you what, how about the Angels just keep playing good ball and winning? A few of you gave mentioned 1995. Been there. And I've been there for the playoffs in '82 and '86. We can play mathematical games all day long but as quick as Oakland fans saw their team go from one game back to five is as quick as we can see it, too. OGAAT.

Plus 2

Happy as hell right now, but theres still more than enough time for anything to happen

They are going to have to fatten up on their next 13 games against HOU, CLE, TEX, MIN to make the last stretch of games less dramatic.  If they can go 10-3 or 9-4 during that time it would gie them 92-93 wins meaning a commanding lead before the final 7 against SEA and 3 against OAK.

I would absolutely *love* to clinch before the three game set with SEA. That team has spoiler written all over them...

It would actually work in the Angels favor to win the AL West but NOT have the best record. Think about it, the vest record faces the wild card winner which at this point looks like either Oakland, Detroit or Seattle, all 3 elite pitching staffs. If BAL passes the Angels on best record, that'd mean they face KC, a much more beatable opponent in my mind.

It would actually work in the Angels favor to win the AL West but NOT have the best record. Think about it, the vest record faces the wild card winner which at this point looks like either Oakland, Detroit or Seattle, all 3 elite pitching staffs. If BAL passes the Angels on best record, that'd mean they face KC, a much more beatable opponent in my mind.

One of those 3 teams would end up using their #1 guy in the wildcard game. Why not beat Detroit/Seattle/Oakland when they're weaker and then face Baltimore/KC in the ALCS?

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

That's all probably true but it's out of the team's control. Again, just win. Let everything in the background take care of itself. I scoreboard watch as much as anyone and I can only take satisfaction in knowing how A's and M's fans see a Weaver or Shoe throwing a shutout in the 6th after the Angels toss up a 5 spot in the top of the inning thinking, "man, the Angels get all the breaks. Will they ever lose again?" Fun being on the other side of that.

If I can quote Mike Scioscia, "You just go out there and win one ****ing game at a time and you concentrate on that goddamned game, and you worry about the next ****ing game when it happens" or something like that.

One of those 3 teams would end up using their #1 guy in the wildcard game. Why not beat Detroit/Seattle/Oakland when they're weaker and then face Baltimore/KC in the ALCS?

Not only that but home field advantage is valuable, especially if the Angels end of advancing to the ALCS.

KC at full strength is no pushover either. We need to win the AL so we have home field where our starting pitching is much more reliable. Weaver at home is a true ace but on the road hes very beatable. Like someone else already said also we would be facing a team that just used their ace to get in. Im fine with facing Detroit anyway, their offense is a 2 man attack for the most part.