• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

College Football 2014

One thing most people learned long ago: Don't believe that you have the game in hand with a lead against Urban Meyer. My distaste for the way he departed Florida aside, he is a great big game coach.

I thought he left because of health issues. How is someone upset with that?

I thought he left because of health issues. How is someone upset with that?

When you follow the program closely you know more of the story. Meyer took a brief sabbatical, then after Steve Addazio (then UF offensive coordinator, now head coach at Boston College) took the team through fall camp he came back to coach, He then stepped down, citing health reasons, and he told the athletic director that he wanted to spend more time with his family and get away from coaching. He duped the boosters into ponying up $1M as a severance, then less than a year later he turned up as head coach at Ohio State. It was disingenuous at best.

The general consensus is that when Tim Tebow and his class left Meyer didn't have anyone even close to their skill level to replace them. He had trouble dealing with the hit that his "miracle worker" reputation was taking, so the "health problems" suddenly appeared. It gave him a graceful way out of his contract, then less than a year later he popped up somewhere else that needed rebuilding. Must not have needed much time with the family, since he immediately took a job with ESPN as a college football analyst.

I hope that they don't even score against Oregon.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Why is it the Lockheed Armed Forces Bowl doesn't have any of the armed forces teams involved?

Air Force was committed to a different bowl because of their Mountain West Conference membership. Navy got a better invitation. Army was below .500 and wasn't bowl eligible.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

One down. One to go. One thing that worries me is that Urban Meyer has spent a considerable amount of time studying the Oregon offense. The other thing that worries me is that Jones has a similar build to Cam Newton, who we lost to in a champ game. He is difficult to bring down, and while the Pac-12 has many great quarterbacks, very few of them actually run the ball. We've been close so many times only to **** up and fall short, that I can't help but be pessimistic. With that said, Marcus Mariota is the best player we have ever had.

Darron Thomas was the QB against Cam Newton and the defense wasn't as good. The Ducks should win easily

Mariota is obviously better than Thomas, but the defense was probably better than this year's, especially with Ifo out. They held the Tigers to 22 points, it was our damn goal line offense that lost us that game.

Ha ha SEC.  Chokers.

yeah, they've only won 7 of 9 BCS titles .

half of the 18 teams that will have played for the 9 titles are SEC teams.

Pac 12 is playing in their 2nd   (0-1)

Big 10 will be playing in their 3rd  (0-2)

Big 12 is 0-2

ACC is 1-0

SEC has been far and away the best conference in cfb over the last decade.

yeah, they've only won 7 of 9 BCS titles .

half of the 18 teams that will have played for the 9 titles are SEC teams.

Pac 12 is playing in their 2nd   (0-1)

Big 10 will be playing in their 3rd  (0-2)

Big 12 is 0-2

ACC is 1-0

SEC has been far and away the best conference in cfb over the last decade.

Under a flawed system.  If the BCS had been in place this year the title would have been Alabama vs FSU.

Under the old system the SEC would have been playing for another chance at a national championship and the Pac would still have only played for one. Maybe they got unlucky this year and just had a down week. Maybe they are still by far the best conference. But maybe they got lucky in a few of those BCS championships and weren't by far and away the best conference before. 

The SEC for the last decade has not played a lot of tough non conference games and claim to be the best because they won their big bowl games. They had a small sample size of data for us to draw our conclusions from. There are obvious exceptions like the LSU team that lost to Bama in the national championship game but for the most part the teams didn't schedule tough out of conference and especially not on the road. This year they did the same thing and the sample showed them to be very mediocre. Live by the bowls die by the bowls. 

Georgia Tech and Ole Miss in the Orange Bowl?  

Neither team wears orange.

Should have been Syracuse vs Tennessee

The first bowl game I ever saw in person matched those two very teams. Floyd Little and Larry Csonka were the backfield for Syracuse. Gator Bowl, December 31, 1966.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan