• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

College Football 2014

That's your only example? Are we arguing one year or last 10? You keep switching depending on the evidence to support your argument that you come up with. 

They seemed to replace Eddie Lacy and Julio Jones pretty easily.

Also, are we only talking Bama now? or the SEC as a whole? Should we talk about how many SEC kids get draft every year yet their schools remain among the top in college football year in and year out?

and if those teams remain at the top of cfb, wouldn't that suggest

that they are undoubtedly the best conference?

julio jones had only 60 less yards receiving (and 2 more td's) than the top THREE wide receivers who

replaced him the following season.

time to head out.  I'll wait for your evidence

Edited by Lou

and if those teams remain at the top of cfb, wouldn't that suggest

that they are undoubtedly the best conference?

time to head out.  I'll wait for your evidence

I never said the SEC wasn't the best conference over the years. I have had two arguments this entire time. The gap has closed dramatically over the past couple of seasons and it was proven in the bowls this year. And the SEC was always a top heavy conference over the years, even though the media tried to tell us otherwise. 

I never said the SEC wasn't the best conference over the years. I have had two arguments this entire time. The gap has closed dramatically over the past couple of seasons and it was proven in the bowls this year. And the SEC was always a top heavy conference over the years, even though the media tried to tell us otherwise. 

Every conference is top heavy. Oregon and Ohio State are head and shoulders above everyone else in their respective leagues.

Every conference is top heavy. Oregon and Ohio State are head and shoulders above everyone else in their respective leagues.

Yes, but other conferences are deeper than the SEC. This year especially. Top to bottom, in my opinion, the PAC 12 was a deeper conference this year than the SEC. 

I bet if they didn't rank teams until half way through the season and you weren't allowed to see who the team was while ranking them, the rankings would be much different every year. The whole college system is flawed

Every national media outlet has a pre-season poll because it stimulates discussion. One downside is that if a team is grossly underrated at the beginning and turns out to be much better than expected, it is hard for them to climb enough to be in the discussion for the title. There are also media biases - such as an apparent rush to elevate Notre Dame every time they win a game. Some teams get rankings based mainly upon reputation of the program, the coach or both.

Yes, but other conferences are deeper than the SEC. This year especially. Top to bottom, in my opinion, the PAC 12 was a deeper conference this year than the SEC. 

I am an alumnus of an SEC school, and I agree with this. Several SEC schools were down this year, and the Pac 12 is a better league than many people in the east give it credit for. I didn't realize this until moving west and seeing more Pac 12 games. Some of it may have to do with the time difference. When Pac 12 teams play night games, they run pretty late for people in the Eastern Time Zone in particular. They don't see Pac 12 teams play a lot, which leads to them being left out of the discussion when the media talks about the best teams.

No argument here. LSU and Georgia were down, Florida was pitiful, Tennessee still rebuilding, ditto Kentucky, big dropoff at Vanderbilt with Franklin going to Penn State. Alabama was good but not as good, Ole Miss was a contender until their best receiver broke his leg in the Auburn game (on a play that had he taken one more step, would have been the winning touchdown). They were still inconsistent. Auburn ran out of miracles, Texas A&M had no defense, Missouri had no offense. About the only team in the league that was much better than they were the year before is Mississippi State.

what a great game, though those four turnovers had me nervous.

defense was right on the money and kept that high octane offense of oregon in check. the fast tempo wasn't a problem.

cardale jones is just as cool as the other side of the pillow. your three career starts have all been amazing.

zeke elliot is only a sophomore.

i love it when my teams win championships. GO BUCKS! GO HALOS! GO KINGS GO!!!!