• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colon placed on revocable waivers

nikkachez

in case of Colon there's a good chance the Met's simply say "take him" and dump Colon with his whole contract on whatever team claims him. I'd laugh a bit if Beane claimed him just to block the Angels only to get stuck with an $11M contract he doesn't need and probably can't afford.

kudos for working 'colon' and 'dump' back to back right there

What?  Colon is signed through 2015???  Didn't realize that -- I couldn't believe that.......

no way should we pick him up.

I thought he was just signed through the end of this year........

LeBlanc got hit fairly hard tonight - the pen didn't help.

But our choices seem to be a performance like LeBlanc tonight by LeBlanc for close to the MLB minimum OR

a performance like LeBlanc tonight by Colon for $11 million-plus (as in close to $915,000 for Sept 2014 only and then $11 million for 2015)

What?  Colon is signed through 2015???  Didn't realize that -- I couldn't believe that.......

But our choices seem to be a performance like LeBlanc tonight by LeBlanc for close to the MLB minimum OR

a performance like LeBlanc tonight by Colon for $11 million-plus (as in close to $915,000 for Sept 2014 only and then $11 million for 2015)

You gona split hairs over $11 million at this point?

You can tell me Colon isn't good enough, but with this team I'll be pissed if it's money that is the issue.

What? Colon is signed through 2015??? Didn't realize that -- I couldn't believe that.......

a performance like LeBlanc tonight by Colon for $11 million-plus (as in close to $915,000 for Sept 2014 only and then $11 million for 2015)

Colon

LeBlanc

OK.

But when Colon is pitching like LeBlanc and we're paying him $11 million plus..........well.......

Remember, this is the Colon who we refused to re-sign (how long has it been now? 6 years ago?) because his best years (including his Halos Cy Young year) were behind him and very few people , I mean few to none, complained THEN about not re-signing him and thought it was the right move.......Colon's won close to 75 MLB games since then but I still think we made the right decision back then.......so now we're going to sign him at age 41/42??

I say pass........

how's Randy Wolf doing at AAA?

OK.

But when Colon is pitching like LeBlanc and we're paying him $11 million plus..........well.......

Remember, this is the Colon who we refused to re-sign (how long has it been now? 6 years ago?) because his best years (including his Halos Cy Young year) were behind him and very few people , I mean few to none, complained THEN about not re-signing him and thought it was the right move.......Colon's won close to 75 MLB games since then but I still think we made the right decision back then.......so now we're going to sign him at age 41/42??

I say pass........

how's Randy Wolf doing at AAA?

Colon basically got his arm rebuilt with some weird ass surgery (and PED's) a few years ago, he's not the same Colon we remember from 2007.

Or a performance better than Leblanc by Colon

11 mill isnt a lot of money for an effective SP these days...especially for us, who both have the money and will be starting the season without at LEAST 2 of our SP's....

Im not saying get raked over the coals, but if It costs us a depth level prospect and a market average contract for next year (only one year) im all for it. Not because im a colon fan, but because im a far bigger fan of him than the leblancs, wolfs etc were gonna be forced to play over the next month

^this

We NEED (unfortunately) to sign a real, legit FA pitcher this winter....and we also need to pick up a second one. Skaggs is still gone next year...our depth next year is as thin as it is now. We need 6 guys...colon for 11 mill and gone the year after when skaggs returns is a decent option (while still needing to sign shields)