• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ferguson Unrest

Almost finished with my sociology class.

It's literally all confirmation bias bullshit claiming the white man is evil and oppressing everyone.

Dude, I majored in Sociology. I totally feel your pain. I remember writing a paper about Amadu Dialo(?). I concluded he got shot because he was black. Got a perfect score on that paper. Edited by wopphil

That is interesting.

So it illegal to use tear gas in war, but okay to subject marines to it in training? Great.

U.S. Marines are frequently exposed to tear gas and pepper spray during training. This helps familiarize Marines with the effects of the agents and teaches them how to function and perform their jobs after they have been exposed to the gas and spray. Although the U.S. Army concluded in a 1993 report that exposure to pepper spray and tear gas may lead to serious problems such as cancer and heart disease

They don't give a shit.

An excellent book that i recently read was "War is a Racket" by Major General Smedley Butler (2 time congressional medal of honer recipient)

Some quotes: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

Dude, I majored in Sociology. I totally feel your pain. I remember writing a paper about Amadu Dialo(?). I concluded he got shot because he was black. Got a perfect score on that paper.

Damn I've barely been able to sit through one semester. I couldn't imagine taking it as a major.

It's just sad to see them basically recruit these impressionable rich white kids into their cult. 

Another interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

From the article:

I collected this data myself because the U.S. Government doesn't. There is no national database dedicated to police involved shootings. Alan Maimon, in his article, "National Data on Shootings by Police Not Collected," published on November 28, 2011 in the "Las Vegas Review-Journal," wrote "The nation's leading law enforcement agency [FBI] collects vast amounts of information on crime nationwide, but missing from this clearinghouse are statistics on where, how often, and under what circumstances police use deadly force. In fact, no one anywhere comprehensively tracks the most significant act police can do in the line of duty: take a life."

Since the government keeps statistics on just about everything, why no national stats on something this important? The answer is simple: they don't want us to know.

Unfortunately, he only recorded deaths from media sources and deaths by firearm.

Police are very capable of turning living, breathing human beings into corpses without using their guns. Officer Ramos demonstrated that fact very well "Now see these fists? They're going to (expletive) you up."

kelly-thomas-before-and-after.jpg

Damn I've barely been able to sit through one semester. I couldn't imagine taking it as a major.

It's just sad to see them basically recruit these impressionable rich white kids into their cult.

The classes were very easy, and 70% female. No joke, those were the two main factors that persuaded me to major in it. Plus, I like to write, and the content of the courses can be interesting.

You gotta do what you gotta do to get yours in this world. If you have to suck it up and pretend you buy into their shit in order to pass the classes, then by all means go for it. It can be hard to stomach, but there is a prize at the end. And I didn't totally sell out - I remember once when they divided the class into a democrat side and a republican side, I proudly stood with one other dude on the republican side (while the 25 or so liberals across the room looked down on us with contempt). Good times.

I can one-up you. Because not only did I attens UC Santa Cruz, I also majored in sociology.

My favorite class was Gender Inequality.

I think I took a class like that once. Female studies, perhaps? I think it was the only sociology class in which I did not get an A or A-. All I really remember from the class was sitting next to some super hot broad - made the class far more tolerable. Oh and something about some glass ceiling.