• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Huston Street

Screw anyone saying get out of here!

Let's see you stay off this board as long as I did, and then you can talk!!!!

Self-bans are stupid!

So are GMs who trade a great SS prospect and a great reliever prospect and a 2B prospect AND a 4th prospect for an overrated reliever who ain't Uehara and some scrub named Trevor Gott!

If we start losing now, it's your fault. You're a terrible fan. Shameful.

What are you talking about? Trout would have been an Angel regardless.

To your reply and Chuck's:

This was honestly meant as a light hearted joke. Yes I dislike the trade (though I did make a post trying to see the bright side, too). I was implying that even things that look bad now can end up being blessings in disguise.

I'm also familiar with the story about the Angels taking Trout after Grichuk to mess with their scout. Again, just a joke.

Sweet! Let's pay the price for his past performance like we did with Pujols! Score!

His numbers, they will regress. He's a good closer, no doubt. But we aren't getting the those numbers in Anaheim. You can count on that.

I think we are paying for his present performance. 

Uehara is better than Street though. Nothing wrong with saying that. Both are good though so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things

Yeah but to me people just arbitrarily saying Street is a 3+ERA pitcher is BS.  And I've seen that multiple times throughout the thread.  Dude barely a 3+ ERA in Coors Field.  Also I'd rather have Street than Uehara.  Dude is damn near 40. 

Anyone remember the crazy year Rodney had with the Rays or Grilli last year with the Pirates? Street is no different he's a reliever and a few runs allowed makes a HUGE difference in numbers. Street will be good just as Rodney has been good since then and Grilli has been solid since joining the Angels, but we paid for past performance. Outside of a few elite relievers, it's very rare to see sustained dominance from a bullpen guy

Now watch them get a B level prospect for Benoit. Street will help us this season but you are kidding yourself if you don't think this is a shortsighted trade. And we better win the west or there's a chance that this big addition doesn't even pitch in the playoffs.

of course It's a shortsighted trade. I don't think anyone would argue that point.

The team wants to win now.

While this is part snark, serious too: does Trevor Gott throw 97+? I know we have a fascination with those types. Overall just interested in knowing his arsenal as it seems the Angels think more of him than as just a throw-in.

Screw anyone saying get out of here!

Let's see you stay off this board as long as I did, and then you can talk!!!!

Self-bans are stupid!

So are GMs who trade a great SS prospect and a great reliever prospect and a 2B prospect AND a 4th prospect for an overrated reliever who ain't Uehara and some scrub named Trevor Gott!

lol, I love it! First paragraph is classic AO

I couldnt stay away either

While it certainly looks like we overpaid it's still too early to make that call.  Prospects are just that, prospects.  It's just as likely that none of them will amount to anything more than a decent MLB player as it is that they'll all be anything close to impact players.