• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rangers DFA Joe Saunders

Every person that we all thought would be good depth signings have sucked. This is exhibit A on why Dipoto is a GM and we aren't.

Only exception would be Hammel, who obviously signed with the Cubs and is a pretty hot commidity right now....I thought Maholm would be a good get....he's been better than some of the others but not by much....

Colon's nutritionist

Hard to believe that Saunders went 33-14 for us in 2008-09. After that he went from mediocre to terrible.

There has to be someone out there to help him regain some of that form. The pitching coach on that Texas ranch that helped Kazmir??

That Texas move yesterday was followed up today by Houston DFA'ing Jerome Williams.........

former Halos Saunders and Williams DFA'd on consecutive days.

Meanwhile a former Halo DFA (Kazmir) continues to have quality starts for Oakland........

I root for most ex-Halos -- but Kazmir's resurgence sort of ticks me off -- it seemed to me that he sort of lost the interest in pitching with the Halos -- I wasn't buying his 'dead' arm stuff.

He seemed to be suffering more from Big Contractitis

Saunders gave up 4 homeruns in his start this week -- that's what led to his DFA.

Saunders has always been a flyball pitcher who gives up HRs........I guess Texas thought 4 in one game (I think he pitched 5 or 6 innings) was a few too many.........

meanwhile Jerome Williams gets DFA'd by the team with the worst record in MLB........

but I'm sure both of these guys will have signed, at least, a minor league contract by mid-July and may be candidates to be September call ups for a few teams that could use some long relief pen help.

Heck, maybe we could use them at SLC.

That Texas move yesterday was followed up today by Houston DFA'ing Jerome Williams.........

former Halos Saunders and Williams DFA'd on consecutive days.

Meanwhile a former Halo DFA (Kazmir) continues to have quality starts for Oakland........

I root for most ex-Halos -- but Kazmir's resurgence sort of ticks me off -- it seemed to me that he sort of lost the interest in pitching with the Halos -- I wasn't buying his 'dead' arm stuff.

He seemed to be suffering more from Big Contractitis

so what happened to all the years in between the angels and oakland?