• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hobby Lobby

22 minutes ago, cals said:

If you're going to do it, I'd buy a kit and build it.  Seems like most these days are RTR (Ready to Run) and that's cheating, IMO.  But, like my RC10T3s, I'm old school. 

I have an RC10T in a tub in the garage somewhere. Are parts for those hard to come by? 

When I went looking online I was shocked how everything was electric and RTR like you said. Where's the fun in that?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

you have to work for goldens in California 

Ya you do, I think they are bigger in Idaho. Guy I worked with years ago got the California record for a Grayling and it was less than 2lbs from what I remember.  Guess those are real rare. I had never seen one and said to him I didn't know they have carp at this altitude. 

42 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Ya you do, I think they are bigger in Idaho. Guy I worked with years ago got the California record for a Grayling and it was less than 2lbs from what I remember.  Guess those are real rare. I had never seen one and said to him I didn't know they have carp at this altitude. 

Getting up to those backcountry alpine lakes is in my bucket list. If you fish the right waters you could get a Sierra slam in one day (Golden, Rainbow, Brook and Brown). I’ve done 3 of 4 and that’s still cool 

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

Getting up to those backcountry alpine lakes is in my bucket list. If you fish the right waters you could get a Sierra slam in one day (Golden, Rainbow, Brook and Brown). I’ve done 3 of 4 and that’s still cool 

Up Bishop creek than took a trail up toward the Muir Pass is where I got the Golden.  Around Bishop you can catch a Rainbow every time you go for a sip of your beer.  Further up toward Bridgeport is Twin lakes and Lobdell lake for a hike for the Golden.  Twin Lakes is where you get on the boat and go for the big brown.  

14 hours ago, Crampknees said:

Up Bishop creek than took a trail up toward the Muir Pass is where I got the Golden.  Around Bishop you can catch a Rainbow every time you go for a sip of your beer.  Further up toward Bridgeport is Twin lakes and Lobdell lake for a hike for the Golden.  Twin Lakes is where you get on the boat and go for the big brown.  

I haven’t fished Twin Lakes before. When get up to that area I usually hit up Little Virginia Lakes as it’s perfect for my float tube.

9ED1F9E9-A790-437A-9BFE-9D0472C81E4A.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I haven’t fished Twin Lakes before. When get up to that area I usually hit up Little Virginia Lakes as it’s perfect for my float tube.

9ED1F9E9-A790-437A-9BFE-9D0472C81E4A.jpeg

I've done Virginia Lakes a few times but didn't have a lot of success there.

Still beats working though.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That has to suck having that many kids 

or it could be an absolute blast.

plus, as someone who's been married 33 years, i appreciate now more than ever how much sex it took to produce that many offspring.

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

or it could be an absolute blast.

plus, as someone who's been married 33 years, i appreciate now more than ever how much sex it took to produce that many offspring.

Still a no for me, except the sex part. I remember when my wife said she wanted to get pregnant and I thought I'd be getting a ton. Apparently I have super strong sperm because it only took a couple of weeks. 

Trout fishing is mostly boring to me... If there were places to fly fish locally, I might be into it, but you have to travel too far to do it right.  The local lakes plant dumb trout in the winter - that die off when the water gets too warm. 

All the reasons why I became a bass fisherman.  I could do this every day, all day.  It's that addicting.

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Trout fishing is mostly boring to me... If there were places to fly fish locally, I might be into it, but you have to travel too far to do it right.  The local lakes plant dumb trout in the winter - that die off when the water gets too warm. 

All the reasons why I became a bass fisherman.  I could do this every day, all day.  It's that addicting.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

I like bass fishing too

3 hours ago, True Grich said:

having never done this, it seems as boring as watching paint dry. yet, people who do this can't talk enough about how fun and amazing it is. i've gone regular fishing a couple of times and wasn't terribly impressed.

i had a car mechanic who was a world class bass fisherman, and he had an impressive display in his office of trophies and rods. i'd like to try it once just to see what it's like. i'd also like to try fly fishing sometime.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

having never done this, it seems as boring as watching paint dry. yet, people who do this can't talk enough about how fun and amazing it is. i've gone regular fishing a couple of times and wasn't terribly impressed.

i had a car mechanic who was a world class bass fisherman, and he had an impressive display in his office of trophies and rods. i'd like to try it once just to see what it's like. i'd also like to try fly fishing sometime.

I spend more time fishing than actually catching.  Bass fishing can be a challenge, but that's what I like about it.  I've had trips where I spent a whole day fishing without catching and that's not fun - but I keep at it because those moments when you do catch 'em is absolutely a blast.

Bass fishing isn't always like this....

But these are the moments we are chasing..

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

Most people probably experience fishing that is just "soaking bait" - well, that's not much fun. 

18 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Most people probably experience fishing that is just "soaking bait" - well, that's not much fun. 

soaking bait . . . yep.

so where do you fish for bass? do you have your own boat (i'm kind of assuming you do)?

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

soaking bait . . . yep.

so where do you fish for bass? do you have your own boat (i'm kind of assuming you do)?

I fish out of a kayak.  Everywhere from Castaic Lagoon to Lake Perris.

Old Town Topwater 106 PDL Fishing Kayak - Eco Fishing Shop

Edited by True Grich