• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hobby Lobby

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

I spend more time fishing than actually catching.  Bass fishing can be a challenge, but that's what I like about it.  I've had trips where I spent a whole day fishing without catching and that's not fun - but I keep at it because those moments when you do catch 'em is absolutely a blast.

Bass fishing isn't always like this....

But these are the moments we are chasing..

Lake Fork in Texas is about 60 miles east of me and went there during a tournament once to watch.  They get serious. 

1 minute ago, Crampknees said:

Lake Fork in Texas is about 60 miles east of me and went there during a tournament once to watch.  They get serious. 

I fished there once.  I hired a guide.  It was a blast.  That's one gigantic reservoir.

I like that in Texas, if you want to go fishing, you just go fishing.  There aren't specific hours you can fish and in most places you don't have an entry fee.  You just drive to a lake and go fishing. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

having never done this, it seems as boring as watching paint dry. yet, people who do this can't talk enough about how fun and amazing it is. i've gone regular fishing a couple of times and wasn't terribly impressed.

i had a car mechanic who was a world class bass fisherman, and he had an impressive display in his office of trophies and rods. i'd like to try it once just to see what it's like. i'd also like to try fly fishing sometime.

Most people probably experience fishing that is just "soaking bait" - well, that's not much fun. 

“Soaking” is for Mormon youth. As far as fishing, the setting and location is one of the best things. Being high up in the quiet Eastern Sierra is a very peaceful experience.

Just now, Jason said:

“Soaking” is for Mormon youth. As far as fishing, the setting and location is one of the best things. Being high up in the quiet Eastern Sierra is a very peaceful experience.

You know the expression... "the worst day fishing is better than the best day working?"  Not true for me.  If I spend a whole day fishing (no matter how nice the day is or how beautiful the area is), if I don't catch a bass - I'm not happy at all.

Just now, Jason said:

I’ve caught tons of bass in Perris but I’m a catch and release guy so I’d never eat anything out of there. Especially catfish 

I'm the same.  I don't even like to eat any fish.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

so what is it that appeals to you about doing this?

The tug is the drug...

It's sort of like hunting.  I'm trying to figure out where the fish are and if I can get them bite my lure.  I love the strategy part of it.  And when you hook into a good one, it's fun to fight that fish. 

It also takes me back to the days  my dad would take me fishing as a kid. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Time I got the Golden we were on a mountain bike trip for a few days.  Of course you get someone to 4X4 you up the dirt roads and drop you off and ride around from place to place up there then ride down the mountain out. Have to pack your own bottle of whiskey and back out, can't take beer because no way to remove it even though there were a few forest service trash cans for the idiots who litter. Took K-rations and did eat all the stream brooks I caught.  When we got back we headed straight for the steak house. Fantastic trip I must say. 

44 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Time I got the Golden we were on a mountain bike trip for a few days.  Of course you get someone to 4X4 you up the dirt roads and drop you off and ride around from place to place up there then ride down the mountain out. Have to pack your own bottle of whiskey and back out, can't take beer because no way to remove it even though there were a few forest service trash cans for the idiots who litter. Took K-rations and did eat all the stream brooks I caught.  When we got back we headed straight for the steak house. Fantastic trip I must say. 

That sounds awesome

The tug is the drug...

It's sort of like hunting.  I'm trying to figure out where the fish are and if I can get them bite my lure.  I love the strategy part of it.  And when you hook into a good one, it's fun to fight that fish. 

It also takes me back to the days  my dad would take me fishing as a kid. 

I love you