• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hobby Lobby

Oh am I?

I too have Christian friends that refuse to use birth control because they feel they would be altering God's plan. And they would be quick to call out Hobby Lobby for allowing that to be in their medical plan. So don't tell me that I'm wrong for throwing that out there because a lot of believers would back me up Hobby Lobby's hypocrisy.

So your point is that there are Christians that disagree with each other on how to be Christian? Next you'll be saying that there are Angels fans who disagree about how to run the team.

It might be a small minority, but a valid complaint nonetheless

It is actually completely invalid because the reasoning for the objection has nothing to do with a lack of faith or trying to stop God's plan.  The objection comes from the fact that the forms they are against end a human life. 

Per Christian beliefs yes?

Can be but it is also a scientific fact that they end a human life.  As fan said earlier in this thread it isn't just Christians who see it that way.  Also, it is a wide spread Christian belief, not the 1% you are referring to.

It's just a joke that employers are even involved in healthcare in the first place.

I completely agree. This is a system we have been saddled with since around World War II. Every industrialized country in the world has a national health care system except the US.The ACA was watered down to get it through Congress and it doesn't represent a true national plan in the same sense as those in Canada, Australia and the UK.

Tying health care to employment creates a lot of problems. It requires employers to select, manage and buy health care programs for their workers. It also allows them to manipulate the system and get out of providing health care benefits by limiting the hours of their workers. Two part time workers don't get benefits while one full-time worker, working the same number of hours as two part-timers, does.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, there it is!

But to be serious, many people who are against abortion are not coming from a religious perspective. To them it's a simple matter of science. The embryo, even at the initial stage, is human and not a fish or some other species.

Not trying to start an argument here, just saying that one doesn't necessarily have to be religious to object to abortion.

I would like to see a count of how many people object to abortion who are not religious.

Forgetting religion I am just morally opposed to it.

That said, I do not really like heavy legislation around it.

I certainly don't think abortion should be a means of birth control.  That is abhorrent.

abortions for some. miniature american flags for others.