• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hobby Lobby

Currently if an employee of a company is fired for not showing up to work for religious reasons the company can be sued for wrongful termination and loses.

Anyway I agree. All women who work at Hobby Lobby should quit because it is a company that clearly doesn't respect women. As shown by their willingness to pay for male contraception but not female contraception.

Maybe you don't see the difference between contraception and sterilization.

I thought the point of the Supreme Court was to be unbiased yet this decision was clearly voted on based on the Justices personal beliefs. There's something clearly wrong with that.

What makes you think they were not making their ruling regarding the culminated laws already on the books?

If an employee takes a job with your company and you comunicate to that employee before he/she agrees that you will not be allowing them to take personal days off for religious purposes then I don't think there should be any kind of recrimination from the government.

Again, I think it would be foolish to not do so and I would ask what you would allow employees to take personal days off for.  Or, what if they used their own vacation time?  Would you say no to that request of vacation time simply because it was for religious purposes?

They cannot communicate it because it is against the law.

I thought the point of the Supreme Court was to be unbiased yet this decision was clearly voted on based on the Justices personal beliefs. There's something clearly wrong with that.

Um, that's how every decision ever is made. Look how many decisions have been 5-4. Are you saying those 5 were biased and those 4 were completely objective?

Currently if an employee of a company is fired for not showing up to work for religious reasons the company can be sued for wrongful termination and loses.

Anyway I agree.  All women who work at Hobby Lobby should quit because it is a company that clearly doesn't respect women.  As shown by their willingness to pay for male contraception but not female contraception.

Actually, they refused to pay only for those specific drugs that act as abortifacients, killing the embryo before implantation in the uterus. Their health plans cover the other contraceptives.

Edited by fan_since79

Actually, they refused to pay only for those specific drugs that act as abortifacients, killing the embryo before implantation in the uterus. Their health plans cover the other contraceptives.

No, no, no, you can't rain on their parade like that, you are ruining their dialouge.

i just don't see how plan b divides this many people. 

but then again i don't get religion so whatever.

Well, there it is!

But to be serious, many people who are against abortion are not coming from a religious perspective. To them it's a simple matter of science. The embryo, even at the initial stage, is human and not a fish or some other species.

Not trying to start an argument here, just saying that one doesn't necessarily have to be religious to object to abortion.

but it's not an abortion.

Well, technically it is. A very early, first trimester abortion of an embryo. An embryo grows into a fetus in the uterus, and then into a full-developed baby at birth, but it's a continuous process from the moment of fertilization.

The four drugs the company objected to serve to kill the embryo in its early stages. Hobby Lobby provides 14 other contraceptive drugs to their employees that merely prevent fertilization.

Edited by fan_since79

What the GOP has learned in 2014:

Be more-anti birth control, more anti-immigrant, and more Cheney.

This has nothing to do with the GOP. The case was brought by a family that happens to own a company. They had religious objections, and the court upheld their 1st Amendment right to freedom of religion.