• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A plea to Mike Scioscia

Like it or not, unless someone else is either brought in on a trade or is effective from the minors we are forced to give Jenson and Frieri more opportunities. Right now all wegave is two effective relievers In Smith and Morin. We need two to step out of their suckiness.

So let me get this straight....

You guys think that Frieri pitched a 1-2-3 inning with a one-run lead on Tuesday because it was the 8th, but when he came in the 9th, even though he had a 5-run lead, he melted down because it was the 9th?

There are high leverage situations and there are low leverage situations. A 1-run lead in the eighth is obviously a much tougher spot than a 5-run lead in the ninth.

I honestly don't think Frieri's issues have anything to do with the situation. He's not pitching well right now - not consistently anyway - so it doesn't matter when he pitches.

You take him out as the closer because you can't have a closer who is pitching poorly, not because being the closer makes him pitch poorly. He's got about 70 saves that say otherwise.

A 5-run lead in the ninth is actually the perfect time to pitch him. He gets the job done and he gets the confidence of finishing the game. If he doesn't, you have plenty of cushion to get him out of there and still win the game. Which is what happened.

Sosh's balls in that pic.

It's weird every time someone posts it.

I remember someone mentioning the sack a couple years ago. I never looked down there but now there nothing I can do but glance because of the power of suggestion. Damn voodoo.

Like it or not, unless someone else is either brought in on a trade or is effective from the minors we are forced to give Jenson and Frieri more opportunities. Right now all wegave is two effective relievers In Smith and Morin. We need two to step out of their suckiness.

I can't take your post seriously unless you call them Jeppy and Ernie.

Joe Smith allowed 3 inherited runners to score. Do we need to talk about that or sluff it off because he is Joe Smith and can do no wrong?

We should, because if I read the stats right, Smith had allowed all 9 inherited runners to score, that put him in the same category as Salas.