• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Rangers @ Angels - 6/20/2014

Not sure how we got to the point where Calhoun is even getting platooned against the Joe Saunders caliber of left hander, but okay.

But we get at least a brief break from Raul! Still have to watch Freese "play" though.

Edited by jshep

At least there is no Ibanez in the lineup

Small steps for MS

Well it's a lefty starting, so that's probably all it is. And it looks like we might not be facing another lefty for a week, so even if Cron doesn't get sent down, who knows if he'll get to get off the bench until then.

Edited by jshep

Yes, Calhoun has been playing well since he's been back. You know who else has been playing well? Cowgill. When's he going to play? Just be thankful that Ibanez' crusty ass is on the bench and we have arguably our best defense on the field tonight.

Except for one or two games versus Oakland Cowgill has not been playing well.

Oh, in case you were wondering on Calhoun:

MLB Career:

Vs RHP: .266 10 2B 2 3B 11 HR 36 RBI .337 OBP .779 OPS 303 PA's

Vs LHP: .289 7 2B 1 3B 2 HR 9 RBI .326 OBP .782 OPS 96 PA's

I swear, we have a manager who doesn't comprehend numbers.

.289 > .266. In any event, there's no drop-off for Calhoun from righties to lefties. The OPS is even a little higher.

No discernible difference. He should play. Damn this obsession on matchups!

For the love of God can you guys quit bi@$!ing about Cowgill playing over Calhoun. Cowgill has played his butt off this year and if I am not mistaken has better numbers than Calhoun. It will not hurt Calhoun to sit against a lefty because that is the best time to play Cowgill.

If you want to b@$!#% about Scioscia I suggest complain about how often Iabenez plays because that makes little sense. Or complain about Frieri closing because that makes even less sense.

So, despite hitting lefties well and being hot lately, Calhoun is officially in a platoon...makes sense

Do you comprehend numbers?

283> 275

quit complaining about Cowgill playing over Calhoun.

I swear, we have a manager who doesn't comprehend numbers.

.289 > .266. In any event, there's no drop-off for Calhoun from righties to lefties. The OPS is even a little higher.

No discernible difference. He should play. Damn this obsession on matchups!

For the love of God can you guys quit bi@$!ing about Cowgill playing over Calhoun. Cowgill has played his butt off this year and if I am not mistaken has better numbers than Calhoun. It will not hurt Calhoun to sit against a lefty because that is the best time to play Cowgill.

If you want to b@$!#% about Scioscia I suggest complain about how often Iabenez plays because that makes little sense. Or complain about Frieri closing because that makes even less sense.

You're mistaken. They're putting up effectively the same OPS.

But I think the difference here is that Cowgill is long-term not likely to be more than a 4th OF, albeit a pretty good one, where as there is hope that Calhoun is a legitimate everyday player. And that's why people don't want to see him platooned.

I didn't even really have a problem with it when Calhoun was sitting against say Chris Sale or the like, but the fact that he's now even sitting against the likes of Joe Saunders seems silly.

I agree Calhoun needs to be in there every night. I do see storm's point though. It isn't like Calhoun is platooning with Ibanez or some shit. He's platooning with Cowgill who is young, has some decent upside, and has played well this year all things considered.

Calhoun is unquestionably the better player in the long run, but Cowgill isn't a piece of crap.

I think Cowgill will eventually lose his platoon role, but for now it's not that big of a deal. He's contributing solid offense and defense, and also a sexy bod. What's so bad about that?

I'll start making a bigger deal of it when Cowgill is hitting .240 and still taking at bats away from Cole. Until then I will enjoy both of them contributing.

I agree Calhoun needs to be in there every night. I do see storm's point though. It isn't like Calhoun is platooning with Ibanez or some shit. He's platooning with Cowgill who is young, has some decent upside, and has played well this year all things considered.

Calhoun is unquestionably the better player in the long run, but Cowgill isn't a piece of crap.

I think Cowgill will eventually lose his platoon role, but for now it's not that big of a deal. He's contributing solid offense and defense, and also a sexy bod. What's so bad about that?

I'll start making a bigger deal of it when Cowgill is hitting .240 and still taking at bats away from Cole. Until then I will enjoy both of them contributing.

He has been hitting 240 for over a month now with a OPS of 700