• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Frieri postgame

He has a very poor mentality for a relief pitcher.

"Nothing ever goes my way"...lol, then figure your shit out. No one feels sorry for you

Have to agree with this sentiment...you make your own luck.  Execute pitches, hit your spots amd good things happen.  I can see if guys were committing errors around him but he gave up a Grannie for F sake.

Ready for this one?  It was officially Frieri's 3rd blown save.  Cotts and Gregerson are the leaders with 5 each.  Joe Smith and Nathan have 4.  I know there are plenty of other ways to measure his ineffectiveness, but it's still interesting to me that those four pitchers have more than him.  He's tied with Peralta, Lindstrom, O'Day, Hunter, and Thornton as well.  Kind of a sucky year if you are a late inning reliever.

Edited by tomsred

Ready for this one?  It was officially Frieri's 3rd blown save.  Cotts and Gregerson are the leaders with 5 each.  Smith and Nathan have 4.  I know there are plenty of other ways to measure his ineffectiveness, but it's still interesting to me that those four pitchers have more than him.  He's tied with a bunch of guys for 3 as well.

i cant believe its only been 3.  Kind of deceptive because he's been really terrible.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I have to admit ... that pitch was a meatball right down the heart of the plate. Looks like the Angels need to trade for either a closer or a set up man quickly. Looks like Bedrosian was brought up pre-mature .... maybe his Dad needs to not attend his games until he develops some confidence at the big league level.

Ready for this one?  It was officially Frieri's 3rd blown save.  Cotts and Gregerson are the leaders with 5 each.  Joe Smith and Nathan have 4.  I know there are plenty of other ways to measure his ineffectiveness, but it's still interesting to me that those four pitchers have more than him.  He's tied with Peralta, Lindstrom, O'Day, Hunter, and Thornton as well.  Kind of a sucky year if you are a late inning reliever.

He's given up leads in non save situations too, though...right?

Again, you can come into a bases loaded game with a 5-4 lead and 0 outs in the 6th inning.

If you allow ONE of those runs to score..it's a blown save.

You come into a 5-2 lead in the 8th...allow 5 base runners and 2 score in the inning and guess what you get..a hold.

Baseball has a lot of weird stats/measures and those are just a couple more.

Frieri is just like Octavio Dotel, Billy Koch. etc..

If you throw the same pitch over and over what do you really expect?

Edited by DW711