• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel All Stars

Who on the team should be an All Star? For being one of the top teams in the AL, I feel like we don't have a ton of options.

Trout - definitely

Richards - probably?

Aybar - maybe

That speaks a lot to how a lot of guys are doing an above average job as opposed to a few stars carrying the whole team. And also to the production we have gotten out of the call ups

Trout and Richards will be their only all-stars IMO

Aybar I think deserves to make it as a reserve but he doesn't get enough fanfare from fans nor from the players....plus Jeter taking up a spot really kills a more deserving player's chances. Jeter, Alexei Ramirez and then some "name" like Jose Reyes probably make it

you've gotta figure that Abreu would make it from the CWS.  It could actually work against Aybar if for some reason Alexei wins the voting.  I doubt it happens, but he's only about 150k behind.  Then you wonder if Jeter makes it on invite. 

If Jeter makes it by voting, then one of Ramirez or Aybar are going to get snubbed because Bogaerts is having a nice season and Farrell is the manager. 

I think Richards is a lock. 

Trout and Aybar.

and that's good -- I don't want to see any of our pitchers on the team.........

it would be great for Richards to make it but not for the Angels........we need all the pitching we can get and don't need any pitches wasted by our guys in the ASG.

Trout

Richards: 75%

Hamilton: 50%

Weaver, Wilson, Aybar: 30%

If Hamilton plays another 3 weeks, I think a lot of people will look past all the time he missed.

Aybar has done about as well as Reyes..and if they want a 3rd shortstop..it'll most likely be between them two. I don't think Andrus or Bogaerts will have the numbers.

Frieri can pitch in the home run contest

I'm sure that Blanton still has his old #55 jersey that he can put on to help out.

I voted straight Angels, with two exceptions: I could not bring myself to vote for Albert Pujols, nor for Raul Ibanez and his sub-.150 batting average at DH.

the AS game is a joke

second only to the gold glove awards in terms of jokeiness

that said, trout of course.  and richards deserves to be on any team called "all star".  

They need to get rid of the All Star Game determining the World Series homefield advantage. If the teams in the WS faced each other in interleague, team with the better head to head record should have home field advantage. If the WS teams did not face each other, it should be based on best record against common opponents. 

They need to get rid of the All Star Game determining the World Series homefield advantage. If the teams in the WS faced each other in interleague, team with the better head to head record should have home field advantage. If the WS teams did not face each other, it should be based on best record against common opponents.

I think HFA in the World Series should be based on best overall record (like it used to be in baseball and how it's done in the NBA).

Currently the starting SS for the All Star game will be Mr. Ballot Box Stuff.

SHORTSTOP
1. Derek Jeter, Yankees: 1,376,054
2. Alexei Ramirez, White Sox: 1,212,362
3. J.J. Hardy, Orioles: 754,764
4. Jose Reyes, Blue Jays: 536,525
5. Jed Lowrie, A's: 401,798

So here is what I see happening. Jeter gets the start and gets one at bat. Since Farrell is the manager of the AL he will have his own guy Bogaerts with his pick to be the guy that comes in. Ramirez will sit on the bench and wonder why he even showed up. Aybar will not be selected, even with a coaches pick.