• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Monotonous Pujols Thread

If Trout was moved to 3rd in the lineup, Calhoun would be better off batting 2nd. The issue is this team lacks a true leadoff hitter. That is not as important as it used to be, but it does create issues with the Angels lineup when you want Trout batting 3rd.

Sarge was Gary Matthews Sr..... A great guy and a damn good, tougher than nails, player.

Jr should never be referred to as Sarge.

He should barely be referred to at all, and when he is, it should only be in derogatory terms.

I often refer to GMJ as Private Matthews.

With the right roster I would like to see Trout hit third, with this roster he should hit second. An inconsistent Albert hitting third isn't ideal but who Hamilton has been swinging at junk again recently and I think he's had one HR since coming back and that was in his first game back. I don't know what the answer is, but I'm guessing moving Albert down would have less impact than most think. Is this that much better:

Calhoun

Aybar

Trout

Hamilton

Albert

Kendrick

Conger

Freese

Or flip flop Cron and Howie. Aybar could very well go full Aybar and have a lousy OBP. I just don't see it really giving us more runs.

I'd go with this:

Kendrick

Calhoun

Trout

Hamilton

Pujols (1B)

Cron (DH)

Iannetta/Conger

Freese

Aybar

I think the main reason you move him down is to help ouy Trout's running game.

If Pujols can mantain a .800 ops then I think he's fine batting third.

If it slips down to .750 and he continues his abysmal hittng with risp, then you definitely need to move him out of the 3 spot.

Trout can run with Albert batting. Also I think Hamilton swings at first pitches more than anyone in baseball, so in essence he would still have to run with Albert up.

The only reason I can think of for trout not running as much as he used is him hitting directly in front of Pujols.

pujols himself has said he doesn't like players running when he's batting.

Edited by Poozy

I just posted these numbers in the GDT and figured id post them here as more proof that Albert needs to be dropped from the third spot in the line up. In 82 ABs with runners in scoring postion Pujols is batting .159/.277/.256/.533. With the bases empty .309/.342/.626/.968.

I just posted these numbers in the GDT and figured id post them here as more proof that Albert needs to be dropped from the third spot in the line up. In 82 ABs with runners in scoring postion Pujols is batting .159/.277/.256/.533. With the bases empty .309/.342/.626/.968.

better lead him off then lol..

for real though, the angels don't really have anyone to replace him at the top of the order.

Edited by Poozy

It has also been said that if Trout runs and opens up first base, they would just pitch around Pujols...taking the bat out of his hand.

I swear...the guys on ESPN used that one the other night, while intimating that Scioscia said it.

The superfans sure love to argue to the contrary even though it's obvious why trout isn't running much anymore.

• 2 weeks later...