• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Monotonous Pujols Thread

I wonder what the consecutive 0-for record is.

HB, try dealing with some facts.  Try these:  Last 7 games Pujols is 8-24 (.333), 5 RBI's (second best on team behind Calhoun) with 0 K's.  Last 7 games for Josh Hamilton (24 AB's) he has a BA of .208, with 11 K's.  I agree the attempted double today was pathetic, but there are some much worse performers at this point.  Iannetta's story is even worse than Hamilton's.

Edited by tomsred

HB, try dealing with some facts.  Try these:  Last 7 games Pujols is 8-24 (.333), 5 RBI's (second best on team behind Calhoun) with 0 K's.  Last 7 games for Josh Hamilton (24 AB's) he has a BA of .208, with 11 K's.  I agree the attempted double today was pathetic, but there are some much worse performers at this point.  Iannetta's story is even worse than Hamilton's.

What does any of that have to do with the question?

What does any of that have to do with the question?

I know what you meant, and I have no idea what the consecutive 0-for record is.  Look it up and let us know.

Edited by tomsred

I just posted these numbers in the GDT and figured id post them here as more proof that Albert needs to be dropped from the third spot in the line up. In 82 ABs with runners in scoring postion Pujols is batting .159/.277/.256/.533. With the bases empty .309/.342/.626/.968.

Almost leadoff-worthy right there.

5 RBI, and how many runners has he left on? The answer is, a lot. He's come up multiple times with the bases loaded just this week alone.

How is he 0 for 2014 with the bases jammed?  Have to figure he would get lucky at least twice.  Maybe the pucker factor is just too much for him at this point.  Side note:  Calhoun seems to hit the ball hard the majority of time, while AP just rolls over most of the time.  Is that "just" age or injuries?  It just looks like he is not using the lower body as much as he should.

I am guessing the 333BA had something to do with it.

but keep notching about his effort yesterday. He deserves it.

The only reason he has the most RBI in that span is because he gets the most chances. The fact is, he is horrible at converting those chances into runs.