• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ice melt in part of Antarctica 'appears unstoppable,' NASA says

Big import taxes to compensate the companies doing business in the US.

Big import taxes

taxes

That's all corporations see. And that's enough for them to not go to America because it makes us "business unfriendly."

BTW, I agree with you. Make it more expensive for them to do business out of country than in country.

I think the ultimate goal is not to make it more expensive for them to do business.

If we simply make it as expensive for them to do business elsewhere as it currently is here, we are causing problems.  We need to find a way to make it less for them to do business here while also making it cost the same as doing it elsewhere.

Also closing tax loopholes that companies like Google and Cisco take advantage of.

Edited by nate

"The bulk of the emissions — 55 percent — came from beef cattle. Dairy cows, buffalo, sheep and goats accounted for the rest.

Those emissions, combined with emissions from all the other sectors of food production, aren't likely to go down anytime soon. Greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture, forestry and fishing have doubled over the past 50 years, according to the report. Emissions could go up by 30 percent by 2050.

All this talk about cow belches might make you want to give up meat. So should we all become vegetarians?"

yes, yes we should.

From what I've been hearing, people believe if nothing is done, the temperature will rise 10 degrees within the next 100 years, and if efforts are being made to fix global warming then it will still rise 5 degrees.

So if you believe in what the global warming people are saying, then the world is ****ed no matter what.

Anyways, I agree with MT. No one argues that Climate change doesn't happen. People argue if human's have aided in the change.

Edited by Poozy

From what I've been hearing. People believe if nothing is done, the temperature will rise 10 degrees within the next 100 years, and if efforts are being made to fix global warming then it will still rise 5 degrees.

So if you believe in what the global warming people are saying, then the world is ****ed no matter what.

Anyways, I agree with MT. No one argues that Climate change doesn't happen. People argue if human's have aided in the change.

Is it not true that the Earth has always fluctuated from hot and cold? Is this the hottest it's ever been? No it's not.

That doesn't help anyone gain political capital or enforce further restrictions on the individual's right to prosper and pursue happiness though. 

The NOAA said we just maintained a CO2 level of 400 ppm for an 'entire' month for the first time in human history.  They say we've reached the point of no return.  Scary to think what the world might look like in a 100 years, or maybe as little as 50 years from now.

I came across this 90-second video a few weeks ago that kind of puts the rise of CO2 levels into perspective:

I tend to lean fairly liberal based on what others consider that moniker but I'm labeled a con immediately when I say that I have not seen any proof the increase in CO2 levels are increasing the speed of climate change. From what I've read there are many other variables. But what do I know? I doubt any one who isn't doing scientific research every day with the education to back it up will have a complete grasp of the topic. I think both dems and cons are ridiculously fanatical about this topic when at most they've read a few articles or maybe a blog post by someone from their team.  

Over the past couple of thousand years the Earth's climate/landscape has varied tremendously. If you go back ten thousand years it is insane. Go back even further to blow your mind. The Earth is billions of years old. Humans have been here for like 200K years. Whatever happens, we will adapt. If cavemen survived then we'll be okay...maybe?

I tend to lean fairly liberal based on what others consider that moniker but I'm labeled a con immediately when I say that I have not seen any proof the increase in CO2 levels are increasing the speed of climate change. From what I've read there are many other variables. But what do I know? I doubt any one who isn't doing scientific research every day with the education to back it up will have a complete grasp of the topic. I think both dems and cons are ridiculously fanatical about this topic when at most they've read a few articles or maybe a blog post by someone from their team.  

Over the past couple of thousand years the Earth's climate/landscape has varied tremendously. If you go back ten thousand years it is insane. Go back even further to blow your mind. The Earth is billions of years old. Humans have been here for like 200K years. Whatever happens, we will adapt. If cavemen survived then we'll be okay...maybe?

Warmer planet = climate change, I don't see how that is debatable.

As far as the video. it shows the CO2 levels in the ice core samples dating back about a million years.  If you pay attention to the natural ebb and flow of the CO2 levels, it looks like we started the industrial age at the 'peak' of the natural cycle.   That could spell disaster is all they're trying to saying.  Time will only tell, and by the looks of things, we seem to be at a fork in the road.

Warmer planet = climate change, I don't see how that is debatable.

As far as the video. it shows the CO2 levels in the ice core samples dating back about a million years.  If you pay attention to the natural ebb and flow of the CO2 levels, it looks like we started the industrial age at the 'peak' of the natural cycle.   That could spell disaster is all they're trying to saying.  Time will only tell, and by the looks of things, we seem to be at a fork in the road.

Who's is debating that the climate is not changing? The planet has always changed temperatures, and everything else, so why would it stop?

Is this amount of increased CO2 the determining factor in climate change? I believe Earth is more complex than that and the CO2 levels might not be enough to accelerate the climate change at the 'scary' pace.

Edited by CF8

It's going to have to be import tax because we can never compete with the dirt cheap near-slave labor the other countries can furnish.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. I'm an anti tax guy but I'm all for tariffs. Lowering taxes stateside while increasing import taxes would incentivize better business IMO.