• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kazmir 5th Starter for Indians????

Then he started walk away. But I grabbed onto his leg screaming for him to give me the sweater and he dragged me through the street. And then he kicked at me with the other foot and threw some change at me. Oh, but I didn't want the change Georgie. I wanted the Kazmir.

I watched him against the Angels.  He's a completely different pitcher now than he was with the Angels.  He's more flexible, more limber, thinner, more athletic looking.  His fastball actually has life on it again, reports say he's been pumping it up near 95 and having watched his slider and change up, it looks like he's regained the feel for them.

He'll never be the young gun he once was in Tampa Bay (at least I don't think), but his arm is more certainly back and if he stays healthy, he looks to me like a solid #3 starter.  Just like Wells, Hillenbrand, Finley, Rodney etc, I say that while I wish he would've done more for the Angels, I only wish him the best elsewhere. 

He shut the Halos down in a game played right before the Fanfest week and everyone who watched it said his velocity was back up and he looked pretty good.

GEEZ........and we all remember how terrible he looked in his last few Halos outings.....

the Angels gave him every shot, signed him to a big contract and when he went to the mound he didn't seem to be trying very hard.

if he comes back to form, well, I'm not sure I'm happy about that -- he is a guy who I think just gave up for a while.

the Angels gave him every shot, signed him to a big contract and when he went to the mound he didn't seem to be trying very hard.

I think the Rays signed him to the contract.  The Angels traded for him in the middle of it.  

Either way, hope he does well.  

Then he started walk away. But I grabbed onto his leg screaming for him to give me the sweater and he dragged me through the street. And then he kicked at me with the other foot and threw some change at me. Oh, but I didn't want the change Georgie. I wanted the Kazmir.

What the hell is this?

It's genius. That's what the hell it is.

Maybe so, but it just magnifies the lack of fixing of any pitchers here since Butcher arrived.

The fact that Rodney and Kazmir get straightened out elsewhere doesn't make it any easier to take.

When was the last time Halos pitching (after Weaver) looked as questionable as this?

The 1990s?

Maybe so, but it just magnifies the lack of fixing of any pitchers here since Butcher arrived.

The fact that Rodney and Kazmir get straightened out elsewhere doesn't make it any easier to take.

When was the last time Halos pitching (after Weaver) looked as questionable as this?

The 1990s?

Kazmir was on a downward spiral before the Angels got him, His ERA went up each of the previous 3 seasons before the trade was made. There were also durability issues with him.They just seemed to catch lightning in a bottle the tail end of the season. Rodney pitched the same for us as he did for Detroit. Butcher didn't "fix" any issues with those two but he certainly wasn't the reason they sucked AO.

I have my issues with Butcher like others do on the board but come on...He isnt as horrible as he is made out to be on here...Regarding the Halos pitching looking questionable....its not Butcher's fault Hanson is injury prone and a question mark this season. Its not his fault Vargas and Blanton arent statistically "flashy"..Both were questionable going into ST but both have pitched pretty damn good so far.

You mentioned above when the last time Butcher "fixed" a pitcher....Kevin Jepsen comes to mind.