• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When Will The Angels Be Above .500?

Eric

When will the Angels first get above .500?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. When will the Angels first get above .500?

• Monday - 4/21/2014 - Angels win the next 2 games
    • This Month (4/22/14-4/30/2014) Angels lose one of the next 2 games but win enough by next Wednesday
    • Next Month (5/1/2014-5/31/2014)
    • June (6/1/2014-6/30/2014)
    • This Season (7/1/2014-10/4/2014)
    • Not this Season at all.

I can see it now, opening day 2015. Angels score 7 runs in the top of the 34th inning to take a 13-6 lead They have used up all but one of their pitchers and even all available position players. The only player left than still pitch: Ernesto Frieri. He takes the mound, winds up, and throws a fat, juicy, 95 mph fastball right down the middle of the plate with not a nanometer of movement. to Brad Wilkerson, who has just come out of an extended retirement and is 0-13 with 12 K's in the game so far, the ball feels about as big as beach ball. And the rest is history. 

Edited by AngelsFaninGA

Angels are playing much better than their record shows.  Before today's game they were 2nd in the AL in first, second, and third order win percentage... and run differential.

They are 2-6 in one run games, which isn't likely to continue no matter what kind of bullpen you have.  The Astros had the worst record in one run games last year and still managed to win 33% of them.   Also, the bullpen will get better.  De La Rosa or Burnett will contribute, and they are due for a prospect to contribute as well... the guys they've got coming up are better than most of the ones that preceded them.  Jepsen, for example, was intriguing, but never dominated in the minors.

Angels are playing much better than their record shows.  Before today's game they were 2nd in the AL in first, second, and third order win percentage... and run differential.

They are 2-6 in one run games, which isn't likely to continue no matter what kind of bullpen you have.  The Astros had the worst record in one run games last year and still managed to win 33% of them.   Also, the bullpen will get better.  De La Rosa or Burnett will contribute, and they are due for a prospect to contribute as well... the guys they've got coming up are better than most of the ones that preceded them.  Jepsen, for example, was intriguing, but never dominated in the minors.

"Angels are playing much better than their record shows."

I agree. First time since 2002 that this is true.

Horse racing handicappers have something called BTL. "Better Than Looked" Meaning a horse actually ran better than where it finished, if you were only seeing its performance in the post race charting.

The Angels have been BTL in multiple games this season...but many of those games/races have been lost by the jockey..Scioscia.

I agree we have looked better than our record. I think it will happen on this home stand. When this poll came out I picked this month, and this past week I was convinced it was going to happen, then Frieri happened, so I'll be off by a day or two. I will say this, and I know I'm an optimist, but I really like this team, except the bullpen, and I think that's the easiest thing to fix. I like the hitting, the defense, the team seems like an actual team. I like the defensive replacements. I like the starting pitching, it's just the late inning relievers.

I agree we have looked better than our record. I think it will happen on this home stand. When this poll came out I picked this month, and this past week I was convinced it was going to happen, then Frieri happened, so I'll be off by a day or two. I will say this, and I know I'm an optimist, but I really like this team, except the bullpen, and I think that's the easiest thing to fix. I like the hitting, the defense, the team seems like an actual team. I like the defensive replacements. I like the starting pitching, it's just the late inning relievers.

We kinda suck at home but we are the best sub .500 team in baseball with a +30 run differential.

The Angels have been a bit unlucky so far. How many teams lose their leadoff and clean up hitters and remain productive? They've also got the short end of the stick on a botched balk call which ended up being the winning run and had a former shutdown closer implode and give away 2 wins.

In a fair world, the Angels are probably 15-8 right now. But as we've learned every year since 2009, baseball isn't fair, especially when you're playing the Red Sox or Yankees in a game close enough for the umps to decide.