• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When Will The Angels Be Above .500?

Eric

When will the Angels first get above .500?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. When will the Angels first get above .500?

• Monday - 4/21/2014 - Angels win the next 2 games
    • This Month (4/22/14-4/30/2014) Angels lose one of the next 2 games but win enough by next Wednesday
    • Next Month (5/1/2014-5/31/2014)
    • June (6/1/2014-6/30/2014)
    • This Season (7/1/2014-10/4/2014)
    • Not this Season at all.

I remember the days when .500 wasn't a concern. The days before iPads and fancy 200 million dollar acquisitions. They called them the mid to late 2000's.

Ah, the Tony Reagins Era.

The team needs to have urgency now to get above .500 and stay there. I haven't looked at the stats but I suspect to make the playoffs a team needs to be 25-30 games above .500 at the end of the season. (I'd be interested to know the average needed the past few years.) You've got 162 games to get there. The team has used 18 of them and is still 2 games below .500 after that first series sweep at home. Every day the team is at or below .500 is that much less time they have to get where they need to be. Need to win now and not think you can make it up later.

The team needs to have urgency now to get above .500 and stay there. I haven't looked at the stats but I suspect to make the playoffs a team needs to be 25-30 games above .500 at the end of the season. (I'd be interested to know the average needed the past few years.) You've got 162 games to get there. The team has used 18 of them and is still 2 games below .500 after that first series sweep at home. Every day the team is at or below .500 is that much less time they have to get where they need to be. Need to win now and not think you can make it up later.

The second wild card team will probably finish the season with around a 92-70 record.