• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Over .500?

nando714

i'm booking them for around 85 wins, no playoffs. if they finish with 85-88 wins or finish below .500 means absolutely nothing to me. both are losing seasons in my mind.

i just don't understand the angels obsession with faulty bullpen parts. a bullpen can literally be overhauled season to season. there's absolutely no reason why we should continue to have the same crappy pen with virtually the same crappy guys. that being said, a bullpen can be overhauled midseason as well. hopefully, we can get that closer we need and strengthen two aspects of the same bullpen with one move, by moving ernesto down. he's still a quality reliever.

Edited by ukyah

i'm booking them for around 85 wins, no playoffs. if they finish with 85-88 wins or finish below .500 means absolutely nothing to me. both are losing seasons in my mind.

i just don't understand the angels obsession with faulty bullpen parts. a bullpen can literally be overhauled season to season. there's absolutely no reason why we should continue to have the same crappy pen with virtually the same crappy guys. that being said, a bullpen can be overhauled midseason as well. hopefully, we can get that closer we need and strengthen two aspects of the same bullpen with one move, by moving ernesto down. he's still a quality reliever.

Yeah, they've been trotting out the same names for a few years now in a bullpen that's been garbage. Change it up, it's not working

Jepsen still being in this pen is just baffling. Dude is easily replaceable and yet they continue to hold onto him

If they respond to this game like they responded in the bottom of the 9th inning to Jaso's HR, its going to be a long series.  They are basically the same team as last season except with better starting pitching - bad BP which allows a lot of HRs, walks, and inherited runners to score, meh defensively, lack of ability to bring in RISP.  With a good BP, they have a shot but these guys its probably a .500 team unless one of those three variables changes.  Who in the BP do you think advances?  Kohn still has little idea where he's throwing the ball, Frieri is still quite timely in his delivery of game tying/winning HRs, Jepsen has regressed it seems, Salas is still the same 4.50 ERA pitcher a he was in the NL but has endeared himself by blowing a couple of Weaver W chances.  Their only hope really is if they can start knocking in runs to leave room for error for a BP that is nowhere near champion caliber.

You hate to say it was a statement game in a way but they had a shot at going over .500 since opening day last season when they were 1-0 with only 3 outs to go against a team they dominated with pitching for 8 innings and they couldn't do it.  Melvin calmly made his substitution and Jaso came through like he did against Jepsen last season.  This whole season has a re-run feel to it so far...someone needs to make a statement on the team to change the luck, attitude, approach, something

They need to add more arms to the pen, via trade or via call-up. What they have now is not good enough to get them where they want to go

That's now 2 of the last 4 games they had leads late only for the pen to blow it and for them to lose. In a tight division like this, they can't afford these types of losses, especially ones vs the defending divison champs

We've seen far too many games like this vs Oakland over the past 3 yrs. Meanwhile, how many times have we seen the Halos come back late vs the A's and win? I can't recall many

Brandon Moss and Jaso seem to hit big HR's vs this team all the freakin time

For once I would like the manager to use a player who is performing at his best. Frieri has given up 3 homers in about a week, and Jaso has a history of killing us. A 1-run game cried out for Smith to close. I'll admit it's easy to manage retroactively, but will Scioscia EVER surprise us and not do the obvious?