• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Rant Thread - A's @ Angels - 4/14/14

#$%& that! You're not going to score 14 runs every game like SOME of you think. Sometimes you have to depend on your closer to shut #$%& down with a one run lead in the ninth. Isn't that the whole point of a closer? To close ##%& down? A's had a 1 run lead and put their closer in...and guess what......HE CLOSED THE #&$%$& GAME!

some of you have the most bullshit arguments I've ever heard.. and they keep getting dumber and dumber. 1 guy is to blame....the closer.

#$%& that! You're not going to score 14 runs every game like SOME of you think. Sometimes you have to depend on your closer to shut #$%& down with a one run lead in the ninth. Isn't that the whole point of a closer? To close ##%& down? A's had a 1 run lead and put their closer in...and guess what......HE CLOSED THE #&$%$& GAME!

some of you have the most bullshit arguments I've ever heard.. and they keep getting dumber and dumber. 1 guy is to blame....the closer.

Six guys. The closer and our #4-8 hitters.

Combined 0-for-18 tonight.

They took a lead to the ninth and should have won the game.  Just another example in a long line of guys failing to do their job. 

Isolating the source of the failure becomes irrelevant at some point as everyone has played their role.

The big question has yet to be answered.  Why does this team continue to fail when it shouldn't. 

Agreed!

Back in the day when Mike was "a good manager" we never lost a game when we had a lead entering the 9th.

it is amazing how good the guy could manage when he had a good bullpen. Five years of a crappy bullpen is long enough.

Six guys. The closer and our #4-8 hitters.

Combined 0-for-18 tonight.

Thats my point, Sanchez was absolutely filthy tonight. Can't hit back-to-back-to-back homers every night. Still they had the lead in the ninth everything was set up perfectly and BAM....ernesto.

Also noticed u gave 160 million $$$ fish a pass but whatever.

It may be the A's, and they may have the best team ERA, blah blah blah...

Their starter, Jesse Chavez, has a 5.27 career ERA.

The guy who got credit for the win, Jim Johnson, recently was demoted from their closer role, and his scoreless inning tonight DROPPED his ERA to 9.95.

These are pitchers whom the Angels should have hit pretty hard. Of course, hard to do when the last 5 guys in your lineup go 0-for-18.

You can also say their hitters came through in the 9th against the closer and ours didn't.

I live in No Cal and watch the A's all the time. They hit up and down the lineup on a daily basis.

Different hitters and pitchers step up every day.

They are well managed and have solid coaching.

THAT is the real difference.

There's a different atmosphere at the ballpark, too. Fans are really into the action on the field. I've been to a lot of games over the past decade as my brother lives up there. When I visit, we take in a game. It's more about baseball and less about deafening rock music and beach balls.

There's a different atmosphere at the ballpark, too. Fans are really into the action on the field. I've been to a lot of games over the past decade as my brother lives up there. When I visit, we take in a game. It's more about baseball and less about deafening rock music and beach balls.

How much is it about backed up sewers and fearing for one's life if one misses the last BART back across the bay?