• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Guess who leads the NL in both HR and RBI?

rageous

Yeah, well that's not saying much considering we're not even a full week into the season. Let's wait till we get much closer to the all-newstar break before we start getting our panties wet. I am glad he isn't flailing, but these early months were never an issue. And he can hit all the home runs he wants and still not get anywhere with Arizona.

I would rather have Trumbo and whatever the delta between his contract and Pujols contract is to spend on pitching than have Pujols for 8 more years.

Our team wouldn't look any worse today had we made no significant moves since 2010:

OF - Trout, Calhoun, Bourjos 

1B - Trumbo

2B - Kendrick

3B - Segura

SS - Aybar

DH - Morales

C - Conger

P - Weaver, Corbin, Richards, Skaggs, Chatwood

plus we would have not given up a bunch of draft picks and we'd have an extra ~$700M or so. A fraction of that could have been spent strictly on pitching. (eg, CJ Wilson, Greinke, A. Sanchez). 

Edited by ScottLux

I was against the trade from the second it was announced.  Whenever we let our promising young power hitters go (Glaus, Napoli, now Trumbo) it bites us in the ass, these guys don't grow on trees.  I only would have traded Trumbo for a major league starting pitcher who was equallty as promising, or two young arms with better minor league track records than Skaggs and Santiago.

Un-like

Our team wouldn't look any worse today had we made no significant moves since 2010:

OF - Trout, Calhoun, Bourjos 

1B - Trumbo

2B - Kendrick

3B - Segura

SS - Aybar

DH - Morales

C - Conger

P - Weaver, Corbin, Richards, Skaggs, Chatwood

plus we would have not given up a bunch of draft picks and we'd have an extra ~$700M or so. A fraction of that could have been spent strictly on pitching. (eg, CJ Wilson, Greinke, A. Sanchez). 

That is an absolutely horrid lineup.  Corbin just had tommy john surgery, and Chatwood is hurt and not very good.  There's been plenty of bad moves in the last few years, but to pretend this hypothetical team would be anywhere but last place is a serious stretch.

That is an absolutely horrid lineup.  Corbin just had tommy john surgery, and Chatwood is hurt and not very good.  There's been plenty of bad moves in the last few years, but to pretend this hypothetical team would be anywhere but last place is a serious stretch.

What he is saying is that we'd have that lineup PLUS a lot of $$$ to spend on signings like Pujols and Hamilton. I think the bigger problem is the money we are spending on guys like Vernon Wells. Also, to break it to you, but that horrid lineup is pretty close to what we have today except that we spent a lot of money on our current horrid lineup.

AND we got salas and freese for him!

...and Grichuk. As soon as the ink was dry on that trade the pundits started praising Randal Grichuk as a lock to be the next Mike Trout. 

I hope Trumbo keeps mashing. Good player here and easy to root for. Homegrown talent. He's wearing #15 to honor Tim Salmon and so far he's mashing like him!

With the Halos hitching their wagon to Albert...they just didn't have room for Trumbo long term, and with the bungling they did with the rotation over the years and the lack of depth in the minors at that area, the trade was needed for this franchise

I'll miss Mark, even with him being extremely streaky(his HR's are things of beauty), but Skaggs is having a great start tonight and his stuff looks good. Excited about having some young pieces with upside in the rotation.