• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Blanton released!

Chuck, you might want to consider a Hall Of Fame Classic forum, and put this thread in it (along with when Pujols signed and a few others)--Cause this shit is CLASSIC!!!!! We have to be able to revisit anytime we want ;-)

You know, we have a little more than a year under our belt on the new website/forum, I think it's time to create a HOFL Forum. 

Added to my things to do list.

Yeah I was going to delete it, but as absurd as it is, we'll keep it around for historical purposes. May win the worst post of the year award!

I took it as an "edgy" joke that missed the mark. I don't think he was serious. I've posted shit like that before.

I took it as an "edgy" joke that missed the mark. I don't think he was serious. I've posted shit like that before.

"Edgy joke"?  What's funny about cancer, or a man who engineered the murder of tens of millions of people?  That's not close to "edgy."  That's ignorant and socially irresponsible, and that's the kind of thing that keeps people from posting on here.

I didn't say it was funny. And the term "edgy" refers to something that tries to be funny by crossing the line of what is normally considered decent for the sake of shock laughs. It didn't succeed because people found it offensive and not funny.

Not complaining here, but isn't it crazy that someone like Blanton can basically be fired for poor job performance and still make $8.5 million for not working for the next six months? Is there another industry that treats it's non-executive employees this way?

I would love to be told, "We don't need your services anymore. Here is a check for $8.5 million. Don't come back to work."

I would love to be told, "We don't need your services anymore. Here is a check for $8.5 million. Don't come back to work."

I know man. It sounds like one heck of a severance package. I mean, I'd happily pitch in a few games that didn't matter, get shelled like my name was Dresden, and take some heat on a message board for $8.5 million.

Edited by Don Tomlinson