• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Blanton released!

Google Docs Chuck.

You can upload .PDF's to the Downloads section and they'll open up in the full image of the PDF. You can also attach a .PDF to a post/thread as an attachment. 

To have Google Docs open here, I would have to program an embedded page for that to happen. Really not worth the time and cost for just one Google Doc, especially when we can create a static Blog here that you can link to so you never leave the site. 

I did love what Jerry said about Blanton at Fan Fest. He said Joe had to perform to make the team, but that's not the part I liked. He also said that Joe had a bad baseball season, that doesn't make him an evil person. That's the part I liked. I know we talk about hate and sports hate on here. I truly think that some fans on here took it personal when he performed poorly. It went beyond sports hate. I know we aren't suppose to feel bad for millionaires (I guess), but whenever a career ends there is sadness there, regardless of how poorly he performed. There will come a time when all of us become less productive than we once were and we will have to step aside, that won't be enjoyable for us either.

Thank you for reminding us of the classiness an professionalism that Jerry brought in his answers and for pointing out an often overlooked fact. Having a bad season does not make one a bad person.

Plan A: "Hey Joe, why don't you move to the other side of the rubber and see if that helps."

Plan B: "Hey Joe, why don't you move a little further and see if that helps. No, that's okay, just keep moving and we'll tell you when to stop."

OK, this was funny....

Seriously though he pitched his way off the team, which is sad as it leaves us weaker than we already were in that regard potentially as all our depth right now are huge unknowns really at the ML level.

Those who say they couldn't do any worse are probably right, though there is no guarantee they will do better so i hope we are looking at some of the late camp releasees as there are some guys that might help a little in that regard out there.

Thank you for reminding us of the classiness an professionalism that Jerry brought in his answers and for pointing out an often overlooked fact. Having a bad season does not make one a bad person.

I'll third that.  I'm sure Blanton is a good person and if he's reading this thread it's gotta be tough.  We often forget the human element of the business.

That said...

43655-carlton-dancing-gif-8Bku.gif