• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread

Best solution to the Cal Poly question is for the 1 bid leagues to have their tourney set up as follows.

First round:  seeds 5-8

Second round: those winners vs seeds 3-4

Semis: top 2 seeds vs those 2 winners

Final: remaining 2 teams 

The Big West did that format from 2004-2010.   FOUR times the top seed won, TWO times the 2nd seed won, and only ONCE did the 3rd seed win.

It rewards the top 2 teams, while allowing 8 teams a chance to compete for the tourney title.

What the Big West does now is a joke.    No byes = no reward for winning the regular season title.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I had them winning one game then losing to Tennessee I believe

I had them losing to Michigan.

Now Gonzaga...if anyone can blow a 10 point lead in the final 7 mins, it's them.

Comeon Zags..don't let me down.

Man, the refs in this game are calling e v e r y t h i n g...

Only three brackets still perfect for the billion, per Yahoo/SI.

The upsets are cool, but I don't know how some of you dudes can follow college hoops. I think I saw a 54-45 scoreline and American only put up 35. Just brutal and slow paced systematic.

Only three brackets still perfect for the billion, per Yahoo/SI.

The upsets are cool, but I don't know how some of you dudes can follow college hoops. I think I saw a 54-45 scoreline and American only put up 35. Just brutal and slow paced systematic.

The NCAA Tourney is the only Bball I watch. Lost interest in the NBA long ago.

Probably seems slow if you are used to the NBA, heck some of these games are painfully slow, especially when teams start fouling to drag games out.

Yeah, no doubt. I lost interest in the NBA as well. The fouling and possession arrows at the end are rough.

I used to dig the first weekend of the tournament but haven't watch any outside of watching SVP this morning and them noting the Duke game where I watched the final 30 seconds....and even then had multiple channel changes due to timeouts and fouls.

Best solution to the Cal Poly question is for the 1 bid leagues to have their tourney set up as follows.

First round:  seeds 5-8

Second round: those winners vs seeds 3-4

Semis: top 2 seeds vs those 2 winners

Final: remaining 2 teams 

The Big West did that format from 2004-2010.   FOUR times the top seed won, TWO times the 2nd seed won, and only ONCE did the 3rd seed win.

It rewards the top 2 teams, while allowing 8 teams a chance to compete for the tourney title.

What the Big West does now is a joke.    No byes = no reward for winning the regular season title.

I have never understood a system in which it is theoretically possible for a team to lose every game during the regular season and still make the NCAA Tournament. The automatic bid ought to go to the regular season champion. Go ahead and play the conference tournament, give bubble teams one last chance to impress the selection committee, but don't play an entire conference season just to determine the seedings for the post-season tournament. Three games should not outweigh a season of conference play.

Bruins win going away. 

Now they get to face Stephen F. Austin, which has won 29 games in a row.

There are some shockers coming in the next rounds.

All around, it's been some fun stuff. Good games for the most part, well, seems like more than usual for the 1st rounds. Bodes well for some memorable games this year.

Edited by Homebrewer

I went to bed at half time, glad to see they played better in the second half.

Those travelling calls against KA weren't called all year by the Pac 12 refs and I think they threw KA off his game.  They were definitely the right call though, hopefully he has it figured out, the Bruins hopes of making it deep lie on his shoulders.