• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bud Norris

Chuck

(08:19 am ET) Orioles pitcher Bud Norris is drawing trade interest, according to MASN.

Rival teams are keeping an eye on Norris, especially if the Orioles decide to sign another starter. Despite bringing in Ubaldo Jimenez during the offseason, the club is still in the hunt for Ervin Santana. If Santana were to be brought in, Norris could lose his rotation spot.  Last year, Norris posted a 4.18 ERA in 176 2/3 innings.

Would you? I mean, the O's have Gausman, Bundy and Britton as well, and we could probably get him for cheap or a lower end prospect I'm thinking. Seems to pitch well in Anaheim (and against of course).

Oh I know, but he is better than Capauno and younger. Would be a great back end guy behind Richards/Santiago and he'd have to battle Skaggs for #5.

DEPTH!

I wonder what it would take to get him. I would have to figure that Lindsey and any pitchers we have are close to untouchable.

This is a head scratcher. Baltimore traded for Norris and his career ERA is 4.36. Now they want to dump him for Santana with a career ERA of 4.13 and a shit ton more money? Santana is a year older but has a wildly erratic career while Norris has been pretty much the same 4+ ERA his whole career.

I liked the idea of adding depth to the rotation by bringing in someone who could fill out the 4/5 spot for around 5mil for a season to take the edge off Richards, Skaggs, Santiago and keep them from feeling like they need to throw 200ip.  It's was a nice cheap option to keep Blanton away from the mound. 

Trading for a guy like Norris is going to cost player which defeats the purpose when we could have just paid a couple mil for something similar.  If we are going to give up players, I'd rather see the halos get another Skaggs or Santiago type guy.  The type of pitcher that isn't really available on the free agent market. 

Bud Norris ERA vs everyone other than the Angels last year was 4.92.  He's also got a 2014 salary of 5.3 Mil...  Trading assets for him and paying him that much seems like a really bad move.

I'd rather they pick up a guy that gets waived at the end of ST than offer anything for a 5.00 ERA guy.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Have no problem with it as a depth move, just depends on how much they would give up for him. Obviously they need a stud 2-3 type, but in their current situation, they need a guy who's pitched in the bigs, can soak up some innings, keep the team in ballgames, give flexibility to the backend of Santiago and Skaggs, and take Blanton's roster spot.