• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So in the wake of the Mulder injury and the oncoming Blanpocalypse, here are the remaining FA starters

jshep

Chris Capuano (35)

Odrisamer Despaigne (27)

Jon Garland (34)

Ubaldo Jimenez (30)

Jair Jurrjens (28)

Jeff Karstens (31)

Jason Marquis (35)

Jeff Niemann (31)

Clayton Richard (30)

Ervin Santana (31)

Johan Santana (34)

Joe Saunders (33)

Barry Zito (36)

At least two of those guys I've never heard of.

Talk about dumpster diving...love the three former Angels on the list there.

• Asked if the Angels need to address their starting-pitching depth in light of Mark Mulder's season-ending left Achilles' injury, Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto said: "We'll continue to monitor either the trade market or what might be out there. But as we've talked about, we like the group we have, with [Jered Weaver] and C.J. [Wilson] and Hector [santiago] and Tyler [skaggs], and we do feel like we have depth beyond that."

Crap.

• Asked if the Angels need to address their starting-pitching depth in light of Mark Mulder's season-ending left Achilles' injury, Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto said: "We'll continue to monitor either the trade market or what might be out there. But as we've talked about, we like the group we have, with [Jered Weaver] and C.J. [Wilson] and Hector [santiago] and Tyler [skaggs], and we do feel like we have depth beyond that."

Crap.

Where's the depth, Jerry?

If Trout, Pujols, and Hamilton hit 100 home runs between them,

AND Freese, Aybar, and Kendrick each hit better than .280,

AND Ibanez has a solid offensive season,

AND we figure out how to run the bases correctly,

AND a whole lot of other things go right (high average with RISP, low # of GIDP),

we should be okay.

The pitching could get ugly, but a strong enough offense might be able to compensate.

Edited by fan_since79

the average number of starters used last year by playoff teams was 11 or 12. the lowest number used was by the tigers at a substantially lower number of 8. try to find 11 or 12 starters for the angels to use this year, then look at your top 8. i dare you.

starting pitching may be what gets jerry dipoto fired, and even as a supporter of his, it would be hard to argue against it.

the average number of starters used last year by playoff teams was 11 or 12. the lowest number used was by the tigers at a substantially lower number of 8. try to find 11 or 12 starters for the angels to use this year, then look at your top 8. i dare you.

starting pitching may be what gets jerry dipoto fired, and even as a supporter of his, it would be hard to argue against it.

Ya, it's kind of stunning how he's put himself in a position to get burned by the exact same mistakes he's already made previously.

• Asked if the Angels need to address their starting-pitching depth in light of Mark Mulder's season-ending left Achilles' injury, Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto said: "We'll continue to monitor either the trade market or what might be out there. But as we've talked about, we like the group we have, with [Jered Weaver] and C.J. [Wilson] and Hector [santiago] and Tyler [skaggs], and we do feel like we have depth beyond that."Crap.

Wtf. I'm not even sure they have enough actual pitchers to fill out the mlb and aaa pitching staffs.

/thread

The best pitching option may actually emerge after the season begins.  At least I keep telling myself that.  I would guess that Dipoto is laying the groundwork for a mid season trade.

Just a thought.

There was some article that I vaguely remember from like a week ago saying that is a possibility, such as taking in a pitcher that is good but is paid a lot. He might not want to pick up salary for a fringe starter, even if it's only a couple of million, because of that.

The best pitching option may actually emerge after the season begins.  At least I keep telling myself that.  I would guess that Dipoto is laying the groundwork for a mid season trade.

Just a thought.

Well there's 2 problems with that

1) Hard to justify a mid-season trade if the pitching staff you've cobbled together with duct tape and a prayer to start the season sinks you

2) The Angels aren't exactly overflowing with pieces to make a mid-season trade.

Edited by jshep