• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels To Sign Brandon Lyon

Angels To Sign Brandon Lyon

By Steve Adams [February 10 at 1:32pm CST]

The Angels have agreed to a minor league deal with veteran reliever Brandon Lyon, Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports (on Twitter). The 34-year-old right-hander receives an invitation to Major League Spring Training and will compete for a slot in manager Mike Scioscia's bullpen. Jon Heyman of CBS Sports tweets that Lyon, a client of Meister Sports Management, will earn a $1MM base salary if he makes the club.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lyonbr01.shtml?utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-www.typepad.com

Edited by AngelsAndRamsFan

I was a huge proponent of his last year, and was pissed the Angels didn't sign him to the terms given to him by the Mets.  But for whatever reason, he really fell apart last year and was quite terrible.

Still, I like the signing.  Like Doc said, no-risk and creates more competition for the pen. 

This is one I definitely had to look up.  So our non roster pitching spring training invitees are:  Yeiper Castillo,

Hunter Green, Jarrett Grube, Wade LeBlanc, Mike Morin, Mark Mulder, Clay Rapada, Mark Sappington, Justin Thomas

and Brandon Lyon plus a whole slew of roster invitees.  Pretty crowded slate of pitchers. 

This is one I definitely had to look up.  So our non roster pitching spring training invitees are:  Yeiper Castillo,

Hunter Green, Jarrett Grube, Wade LeBlanc, Mike Morin, Mark Mulder, Clay Rapada, Mark Sappington, Justin Thomas

and Brandon Lyon plus a whole slew of roster invitees.  Pretty crowded slate of pitchers. 

Yep.  Getting to the point at which you won't even be able to give them all a fair shake in real games.

So when we keep a couple pitchers like this around, because they look OK in ST?

I hope we're not forgetting that Blanton looked pretty good in ST last season.

I would feel better if the team had a different pitching brain-trust this year, but Butchy is still the man.

None of these guys will get the amount of innings blanton got last year