• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Any word on Blanton?

I know everyone hates the guy, but surely we can use him in blow outs, long relief or a spot start/depth. May as well get something out of him as we still have to pay the man.

Hopefully not. Hopefully the staff is deep enough that he is at least our 14th best (or worst) pitcher on the depth chart, meaning be should have no spot whatsoever.

Realistically there is no way Blanton replicates 2013's numbers. He sucks, and there is no questioning that he sucks, but he doesn't suck THAT much. More than likely he would put up a 4.75 ERA if he started for the Angels in 2014.

Let us pray that he does not have to do that.

This

The guys had the oddest season.. some really very good starts.. dont beleive me look it up... and some downright horrendous ones.  He was the craziest peaks and valleys type guys since... welll Santana the year before.. and look what he did the following year

Bottom line right now he still on the roster and we need to get something out of him, if we get the good we are fine.. if we get the bad... well.. he wont last long on the roster

After my last remark I decided to do a comparison, to see how many home runs that Wells and Blanton have accounted for with the Angels. VDub hit 25 HR in 2011 and 11 in 2012 for a total of 36 with the Angels. Blanton surrendered 29 home runs last year, so pretty close. JoeBlo's total beats Vernon's best season, if you want to look at it that way.

One bit of suckage that really jumped out at me: Blanton surrendered 180 hits and 34 walks in 132.2 IP. That is a hell of a lot of baserunners.

In every post game interview I saw, Blanton said they were a bunch of bleeders just out of the reach of the fielder's gloves.

Hey man, Thanks for being part of the site and welcome! I appreciate your 24 posts. But, COME ON MAAAAAAN!

Vanilla Fat has got to be Gone by SPT!

Dont get me wrong, ive never been overly keen on the guy and would be happy to see him go, just figured we could get something for the ridiculous amount of money hes making.

In all seriuosness, at current who would we be using in long relief?

Here is a Joe Blanton autographed baseball on eBay. Opening bid is $4.99 (which wouldn't pay for the baseball) and there are no bids. No word on whether it is from one of his pitches that wound up in the parking lot.

Grab it while you can

Cheap gift for your son or grandson? Joe Blanton youth jersey.

Your kid will be beaten up every day

There are plenty of Blanton Phillies jerseys on eBay, most at ridiculously high prices, but the only listing for an Angels jersey besides the youth one above is an offer for an Angles jersey that can be personalized for any player. Take the plunge, and be ahead of the curve when Joe makes that Cy Young push that nobody expected.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan