• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Operation Clean Peanut

tdawg87

Niese would be a solid option, but who plays shortstop then? 

Can we trust Romine to be the starter?    Stamets is still at least 1.5 seasons away.    Rondon is probably 2.5-3 seasons away. 

Plus, the WHIP jump for Niese in 2013 was a little concerning (1.17 in 2012, 1.44 in 2013).  

Edited by Angel Oracle

Why would I "admit" defeat when I wasn't wrong? You acted like a complete jackass in this thread and even after being wrong you are still acting like a jackass.

So I acted like a jackass once on here.  while you act like one all the time.    I have been reading this board for years.     Also.    

You thread had two parts.  First the Angels won't get Tanaka because of money.  Even you didn't know the guy would get 155 million.  So throw that out.  With those numbers I wouldn't have said they would sign an unproven pitcher either.  I was thinking max 100.   Second?  You were right about clean peanut?  How?  They didn't do that nor are they going too.

You were wrong, just admit it. It's really not that difficult. Everyone here thinks you are an idiot but you can still save face if you change your screenname back to Ernest Borgnine of 9.

what are you talking about man.  You see this is when you lose me when you say stupid statements like "everyone" and Borgnine?  WTF?   We were debating your clean peanut rant, then you off on a complete different tangent.

Seriously are you ok?  in the head i mean

Edited by Tanaka

• 8 years later...

New franchise record in 2022: 

65 players used

Probably at least 20 of them should never, eeever wear the Halos uni agsin.

Look at how many players the other non-contenders used each season.   Annually, the Halos use as many players as any other team.

How many peanuts over the past several years have been found to be decent enough MLB players?

Anddd, it’s not good as a tool for building a MLB team and developing consistency.

Retire this strategy along with Arte Moreno’s ownership after the season!

Speaking of which,

Hopeful Arte Moreno ownership countdown:

7 games 

Edited by Angel Oracle

53 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Possibly. 

I definitely rambled on this one. But I'm glad to have bestowed "clean peanut" to the Angelswin Lexicon.

Another entry on my epic AW glossary. 

Which by this point has been more delayed than a George RR Martin novel.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

New franchise record in 2022: 

65 players used

Probably at least 20 of them should never, eeever wear the Halos uni agsin.

Look at how many players the other non-contenders used each season.   Annually, the Halos use as many players as any other team.

How many peanuts over the past several years have been found to be decent enough MLB players?

Anddd, it’s not good as a tool for building a MLB team and developing consistency.

Retire this strategy along with Arte Moreno’s ownership after the season!

Speaking of which,

Hopeful Arte Moreno ownership countdown:

7 games 

He will be owner this off season

In hindsight of Operation Clean Peanut. The Angels dodged a couple turds but definitely missed out on Tanaka. 

Turd 1: Capuano only had 12 starts then was cut loose and the Yankees picked him up via Colorado. He spent most of his time in the pen. 2015 he crashed and burned.

Turd 2: Maholm only had 8 starts for the Dodgers and a few bullpen outings. He was crap as well and never pitched again.

The Angels clean peanut in 2014 was Hector Santiago, who wasn't exactly great but did okay and logged more starts than Capuano and Maholm combined. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

There seems to be some confusion.

According to Baseball Reference, neither Capuano nor Maholm ever pitched for the Halos.

They do seem like exactly the type of pitchers that pitched for the Angels in the early 2010's and put up a forgettable 5 ERA across 30 innings before being released