• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Operation Clean Peanut

tdawg87

I've been saying all along that I believe we will NOT land Tanaka and that we should focus on Garza and be done with it. I think we have a shot at Tanaka, but I'm not counting on him coming here and I think that's where tdwag is at too.

That said, I'm not in favor of going after a Maholm or Capuano type. These guys were not very good in the NL and how many times have we seen a transition from the NL to AL where the pitcher was actually better in the AL than he was in the NL?

Go get Garza! I'm hoping for a 5 year, 65 million deal, with TONS of incentives where he can make an extra 15 million at 80 grand over 5 years. +200 innings, sub .400 ERA and 175+ K's get him to that amount if he does it every year over his 5 year deal.

Garza sucks.  I don't want him.

Are you going to stop posting here once Tanaka signs with another team?

Yeah, there's a chance he signs here but it's not a super high chance.

Honestly nobody on this board knows JACK about the chances of him signing.    I am just sick of reading a bunch of Debbie Downer posts that read.  Hoo humm the Angels got no chance of signing such a big name.  They are a small market team who need to sign a bunch of losers and hope one pans out. 

Defeatist mentality.

Edited by Tanaka

Honestly nobody on this board knows JACK about the chances of him signing. I am just sick of reading a bunch of Debbie Downer posts that read. Hoo humm the Angels got no chance of signing such a big name. They are a small market team who need to sign a bunch of losers and hope one pans out.

Defeatist mentality.

And you know more than anybody else here about this situation?

I didn't realize you could be a Debbie Downer if you thought we couldn't sign a certain free agent.

Honestly nobody on this board knows JACK about the chances of him signing.    I am just sick of reading a bunch of Debbie Downer posts that read.  Hoo humm the Angels got no chance of signing such a big name.  They are a small market team who need to sign a bunch of losers and hope one pans out. 

Defeatist mentality.

what a strange and misplaced thing to get bent about. 

what is the odds cutoff that you are allowing for people to maintain their fandom? 

am I ok at 25% or is that backpedal territory? 

tdawg, listen I actually was most likely the only one who read the whole novel you wrote.  Can't believe I actually made it through the whole thing and at times I wanted to blow my brains out but figured if someone took the time to write the longest rant I have ever seen and on Tanaka none the less, I should at least read it.   It was truly a bear.  But like I said.  I read it all.  I even read it out loud to my wife and she couldn't stop laughing. ( she said something to the effect of this guy needs to get a life and stop moaning, but a lot more elegantly than I just stated) I seriously doubt anyone else read it all.  Maybe they skimmed it.  So I think you owe me some kind of award or something for this.  

Edited by Tanaka

tdawg, listen I actually was most likely the only one who read the whole novel you wrote.  Can't believe I actually made it through the whole thing and at times I wanted to blow my brains out but figured if someone took the time to write the longest rant I have ever seen and on Tanaka none the less, I should at least read it.   It was truly a bear.  But like I said.  I read it all.  I even read it out loud to my wife and she couldn't stop laughing. ( she said something to the effect of this guy needs to get a life and stop moaning, but a lot more elegantly than I just stated) I seriously doubt anyone else read it all.  Maybe they skimmed it.  So I think you owe me some kind of award or something for this.  

Trying waaaaaaayyyyy too hard man.

I hope we land Tanaka. With that said what about this for plan b.

Plan B.

Trade Aybar to the Mets for Jonathan Niese and prospect.

Niese is signed for 3 more years plus two option years for 10 and 11 mil. We would net about 3.5 mil this year. Now we have 18.5 mil to spend and we can go sign Balfour and Maholm. Probably have 4 mil left over.

Now we have Niese, Mulder, Richards, Skaggs and Maholm all battling it out for the 3,4,5 with Santiago as a possibility but is flexible and can go to the pen. We strengthened our pen by adding Balfour and possibly Santiago if he doesn't make the rotation and added depth and competition to our starting rotation with out hitting the tax. Thoughts?