• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Operation Clean Peanut

tdawg87

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

There seems to be some confusion.

According to Baseball Reference, neither Capuano nor Maholm ever pitched for the Halos.

I was on the host committee of a regional correctional conference in 1984. One of the speakers claimed in his bio that he "played professional baseball for the California Angels." I had never heard of the guy, and I was pretty well versed in major league baseball. I did some research (which in those days mainly consisted of references like Baseball Almanac). Turns out that he played baseball in the California Angels organization, but not for the California Angels. He was an infielder. He was in the organization for two seasons (1970 and 1971), never playing higher than AA level. He played at Class A Quad Cities in 1970, and at AA Shreveport and A Raleigh-Durham in 1971.

His name is John Cassis, for the curious. I met him, and he seemed supremely arrogant. I remember the women salivating over his program photo, which was probably the source of his arrogance. He had a very long career as a motivational speaker. Even today, he is listed as being available for speaking engagements at $12K a pop.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan