• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cano, Prince and Choo (small sample size)

Cdaniel

@chazlong21: Recent AL West additions Cano, Fielder and Choo are a combined 6 for 24 with 0 HR vs @HecSantiago53. #WeWonTheOffseason .... again

Cano, Prince and Choo (larger sample size)

Cano .313 //////// Prince .313 //////// Choo .329 are all their lifetime batting averages vs our Angels.

The thing about guys like Cano, Fielder and Choo, they're being paid hundreds of millions of dollars for a reason.  They hit RHP and LHP alike.  If they didn't, they would be platoon players, not stars.  I won't take anything away from them to make myself feel better.  It'll be tough winning the division, but I think we have a reasonable shot. 

Our division keeps getting tougher every year.

It's up to the Angels to step up their game and meet the challenge. I believe if we put it together that we can compete for first place. I like our young pitching and I have to believe that Pujols and Hamilton will rebound this year. At least I'm hoping.

The thing about guys like Cano, Fielder and Choo, they're being paid hundreds of millions of dollars for a reason.  They hit RHP and LHP alike.  If they didn't, they would be platoon players, not stars.  I won't take anything away from them to make myself feel better.  It'll be tough winning the division, but I think we have a reasonable shot. 

Choo has a career .680 OPS against lefties and last year it was .612. 

Cano and Fielder are both good against lefties though. 

The thing about guys like Cano, Fielder and Choo, they're being paid hundreds of millions of dollars for a reason. They hit RHP and LHP alike. If they didn't, they would be platoon players, not stars. I won't take anything away from them to make myself feel better. It'll be tough winning the division, but I think we have a reasonable shot.

Except that Choo has never, eever hit lefties well. He only dominated us in past years because until Wilson arrived we didn't have much in lefty starting pitching. Now we could have three lefty starters in a division with a significant number of solid lefty hitters.

In fact, when the lefties are facing Texas, I'd pitch very carefully to Beltre and make the lefty hitters beat the Halos.

The A's will still be tough on lefties with Cespedes and Donaldson.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Cano and Fielder but not Choo and while it's true they don't completely fall apart against lefties, Cano has a .790 OPS against lefties and Prince has hit .267 with a .803 OPS against lefties. While those are solid numbers, they're certainly not worth hundreds of millions. Stacking up on lefties will certainly help

Edited by nikkachez

We have to continue to add pitching to our team, even at the cost of our hitting. If we have the chance this season, send away Howie/Aybar for some more cost controlled young guns. Ignore all these big bats that our rivals are acquiring, we've had enough retaliation for a lifetime honestly. We need to continue to work on our SP and bullpen, until we have a solid foundation to move on with in the future.

Even though MLB is not as reactive as "one team signs a few left handed hitters --> we need more lefty pitchers" the Angels are certainly suited for the likes of the Strangers. Choo's platoon splits are borderline horrible if my memory serves me correctly.

Choo: 

vs L (Multi) .220 .338 .290 .241 vs R (Multi) .315 .432 .534 .336

Yea. Yea it does.

They all have OPS stats more than 100 points less against LHP than against RHP.

Fielder: .803 vs .971

Cano: .790 vs .894

Choo: .680 vs .932

They may not be platooning, but, at the very least, Choo should be.