• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you guys think something gets done by today or tomorrow?

I'd expect to hear a rumor or three about potential targets at SP and DH. I doubt we go out and make a signing right away. One thing could change: if Corey Hart signs soon, that could speed up the market for bats. I think the big three starters (Garza, Jimenez, Santana) will take a bit longer and will gum up the FA market for pitching.

I don't think they'll commit the years to Garza it'll require.

Jason Hammel and Paul Maholm will be around in January.

As far as DH, they're going to look at lower cost guys. I'd not expect a decision by the end of the winter meetings.

Fair enough. But yes I was serious.

I think Dipoto's first priority is a starting pitcher right now, but with how Tanaka's situation is halting FA in regards to SP (Garza won't be signed by anybody until Tanaka's signed or goes back to Japan), we may sign a 1B/DH by the end of tomorrow to a 1-2 year deal. I don't think the Tanaka situation resolves within the next day.

@Alden_Gonzalez: Dipoto on the chances #Angels sign someone before they leave Winter Meetings: "Highly unlikely." Of course, that can change quick.

@JeffFletcherOCR: Dipoto said it's been pretty quiet today, just some talks with agents for both pitchers and hitters. "Not likely" to do a deal here. #Angels

Edited by AngelsAndRamsFan