• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Michael Moore

They sure do, which is why there are speed limits and DUI laws.  Also this is why cars aren't manufactured to travel 400 mph.

That's great news!  I feel better now knowing that there's no more speeding and people driving drunk.

Hey ... we should make laws so that you can't kill people either.  With a gun, bow & arrow ... or even a banjo.

Always my favorite argument.  It is just like the gun control argument, "Bad guys will always get their hands on guns." etc.  Why do we even have laws if people are just going to break them?

Laws are there to keep honest people honest, and provide a way to punish those that break them.

Well a few things, supply and demand for one thing.  If there are less the price will be higher.  Also the people who just snap wouldn't necessarily have access to a gun.  The guy that shot up the kindergarten just took his parents gun.  If background checks existed and prevented them from owning a gun since they had a mentally unstable person in their home that likely never would have happened.

I think it's disingenuous to suggest that we need stricter gun laws to help keep us safe, but the soft laws around things like drinking and driving and/or texting and driving are doing just great and there's no issue there.

Supply and doesn't change for the criminal element. The illegal guns aren't being taken from law abiding gun owners. Gun control laws don't remove their supply. Why wouldn't people who just snap have access to a gun? 

And if that mentally unstable person hadn't had access to his mom's gun, he would have found another way to carry out his agenda. I haven't seen anything from any mental health professional that indicates there is some sort of process we can do to vet out all the crazies or people who have a some level of mental health issue though a background check process. How do you propose we do that? 

Lol are you serious?  People who are that mentally unstable rarely go out of their way to do something like that.  They don't have the capacity.

And yes control would lower the supply.  Where do you think illegal guns come from?  From people having their guns stolen from law abiding people.  When you control how many guns law abiding people can have then you have less on the black market.

Anyway I am not having this argument again.

I think it's disingenuous to suggest that we need stricter gun laws to help keep us safe, but the soft laws around things like drinking and driving and/or texting and driving are doing just great and there's no issue there.

Who says there are no issues with those laws? Also just because there are still drinking, and driving deaths, doesn't mean laws don't work. 

Lol are you serious?  People who are that mentally unstable rarely go out of their way to do something like that.  They don't have the capacity.

And yes control would lower the supply.  Where do you think illegal guns come from?  From people having their guns stolen from law abiding people.  When you control how many guns law abiding people can have then you have less on the black market.

Like anything else, personal responsibility has to come into play. All my guns are in a locked 700 lb safe bolted to the floor. No burglar is getting them and my daughter will never have the combo. Why should I not be able to have guns if I'm responsible with them? Putting restriction would keep me from buying them.

At least in this thread.  But I'm sure there's another thread where you can keep it going.

Who is arguing that DUI laws, and texting and driving laws are fine and dandy?

Lame straw man.

No one is, and for me that's the problem.  People are arguing guns this and guns that ... "we need to protect our kids!  We need to prevent another Sandy Hook!"

People die at an alarming rate with lots of things in life.  Cars (specifically misuse of cars) is an example.  Yet there's no outrage there because, seemingly, cars are important to everyone.  Guns are only important to some.

I see.  So we can't argue one issue at a time, it has to be a collective argument.  I'll let the folks at MADD and SADD know that you disapprove.

Also, laws can be passed regarding driving, DUI, and texting while driving with relative ease.

Can you say the same re: guns?

Guns aren't important to anyone other than business owners and law enforcement.  They are only perceived important by tinfoil hat wearing rednecks.

Cars are essential to our countries infrastructure.

Guns aren't important to anyone other than business owners and law enforcement.  They are only perceived important by tinfoil hat wearing rednecks.

LOL are you serious? 

In all seriousness ... that's the funniest thing I've read all day.  Well done.