• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Michael Moore

The article is just manipulating his words. Moore believes in gun rights and has been an NRA member for most of his life. He just believes there needs to be more gun restrictions. I still think Bowling for Columbine is one of the best documentaries on gun violence ever.

What I find particularly disturbing is how obsessed so many Americans are with their guns. I mean, really? Why do we need so many goddamn guns? Why do we need any? The 2nd Amendment was written in the 18th century just after the Revolutionary War - a very different context. The point of it was so American citizens could defend themselves in case of a tyrannical government, like the British Empire. This is a very unlikely scenario in today's world. WE DON'T NEED A MILITIA!

People who support the second amendment - well, let me rephrase that because I support the second amendment - the avid second amendment people, as in the "cold dead hands" type, seem to ignore the words "well regulated" in said amendment.  

People who support the second amendment - well, let me rephrase that because I support the second amendment - the avid second amendment people, as in the "cold dead hands" type, seem to ignore the words "well regulated" in said amendment.  

And then there's the rest of you who choose to ignore  "rights of the people" and "shall not be infringed". 

Can anyone anywhere tell me how taking the guns away from people who have not shot anyone makes you safer?

And then there's the rest of you who choose to ignore  "rights of the people" and "shall not be infringed". 

Can anyone anywhere tell me how taking the guns away from people who have not shot anyone makes you safer?

Don't you think that "well-regulated" and "shall not be infringed" at least somewhat contradict each other?  And as I said, I support the second amendment.  I don't think it's going anywhere.  Have any of your guns been taken away?  

Don't you think that "well-regulated" and "shall not be infringed" at least somewhat contradict each other?  And as I said, I support the second amendment.  I don't think it's going anywhere.  Have any of your guns been taken away?  

I think "shall not be infringed" trumps all and I'm always very suspicious of anyone who advocates bans or restrictions on peaceful, law abiding people.

Who is taking your precious guns away?

Jesus H. Christ, you gun nuts are paranoid these days.

To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to Michael Moore. I haven't seen any of his movies or read anything in its entirety that he has written. From what I know of his viewpoints I share several of them, but some of the arguments he uses seem a bit skewed, which kills his credibility.