• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts on the Don Baylor Signing

I just had another thought: Baylor was asked if he had had much contact with Dipoto since Dipoto played for him or since they were together in AZ. Baylor said no, they hadn't except when Dipoto called him for about something concerning his church. That would lead me to believe that faith is important to Baylor. Knowing that Hamilton is a man of faith, as is Albert Pujols, I think that this will further help him connect with those two players, inspire them, and get them going offensively.

*Baylor's coaching style seems flexible to the player. He will try things for a while, but won't keep pounding the same things over and over if it's not working.

This one is the most promising imo. And why do we delete personal attacks? Let everybody see how stupid the guy is for ourselves, all it does is cause mass confusion lol.

I think your opening post was right on David, very good job.  I played in the 65Roses golf tournament for a few years, and saw Baylor and Scioscia interact.  They seem to be an extremely good fit for one another.  Scioscia needed a stronger staff around him, and if this is indicative of the way the team is headed that's nothing but good.

*Baylor's coaching style seems flexible to the player. He will try things for a while, but won't keep pounding the same things over and over if it's not working.

This one is the most promising imo. And why do we delete personal attacks? Let everybody see how stupid the guy is for ourselves, all it does is cause mass confusion lol.

Uh, we delete posts that are personal attacks because they are idiotic, rude, and condescending.  If someone wants to see how stupid people are you can get a whole cross section of it just by reading newspapers and magazines.  I thought the whole idea here was a friendly exchange of opinions and ideas regarding a baseball team, specifically the Angels.  I'd like to think we're better than that (exchanging personal attacks).

I really think eppard lost his job because of Hamilton.

No one else is concerned about the 'put the ball in play and make stuff happen' mentality?

Weak contact is the heat.

I'm gonna reserve judgement for now.

I don't think that is true.  I believe Eppard lost his job because he didn't have a strong enough personality to effect changes in attitude or approach.  Same for Picciolo.  I believe Baylor will get their attention.  The problem comes in that they may not have the ability to improve.

I don't think that is true.  I believe Eppard lost his job because he didn't have a strong enough personality to effect changes in attitude or approach.  Same for Picciolo.  I believe Baylor will get their attention.  The problem comes in that they may not have the ability to improve.

Actually kind of what I meant. Eppard likely didn't influence josh to the front office liking.

Actually kind of what I meant. Eppard likely didn't influence josh to the front office liking.

Yep, I agree with that.  Eppard seems like a really nice guy, and I like the fact he coached many of the younger hitters in the minors, but I just didn't see the intensity there at the major league level.  I would like to see him stay with the Angels in the minor league system.  Anyway, it's done, let's see what Baylor can get accomplished up here.  I think it's a cool hire, I wish him well.

Sosh played in two World Series.  I'm not sure how that isn't pressure

Sosh never moved teams as a free agent and signed a large contract.  Sosh never had to play through difficult times when performance did not match with pay, as did Baylor in his first year with the Angels.  Sosh was never the focal point for an offense.

I guess that was my point about Baylor.