• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

A 29-yr old could also get a Platinum plan with no deductible, unlimited $20 office visits, and a $4,000 maximum out-of-pocket cost for a premium of $250.

The question is, how many 29-year olds who hardly ever see a doctor (and I remember feeling invincible at that age) would want to cough up $3,000 a year for such a policy?

Uh oh...from Reuters:

Obamacare computers not yet equipped to fix errors

(Reuters) - The HealthCare.gov website is not yet equipped to handle appeals by thousands of people seeking to correct errors the system made when they were signing up for the new federal healthcare law, the Washington Post reported on Sunday.

The newspaper, citing sources familiar with the situation, said appeals by about 22,000 people were sitting untouched in a government computer.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/03/us-usa-healthcare-appeals-idUSBREA1203P20140203

Well, it's February now, and I still have no ID card or any idea when it might arrive in the mail.

THREE premium payments made and cashed (costing me a lot of money) but no certificate of insurance or ID card.

And when you do manage to get through on the phone, you get different and conflicting answers. One person told me "sure, you can print out a temporary ID card on our site" (No, you can't), but the nice lady with the heavy Indian accent told me on another occasion, "You don't have permission for that function, sir".

It's like a really bad dream. 

At least I'm covered until April (I hope), but walking into a doctor's office without an insurance card is basically telling them, "Charge me full price!" 

I can only imagine going through what you have so far. Not being that tightly wrapped, I'm fairly certain I would have made newsreel or two by now.

Family that makes 68k?  That is 34k per person per year.  If they are self employed or work for a small business with 50 employees or less they are not required to be offered health insurance.  Couple coverage costs about 800 a month and family coverage can easily reach 1500 a month.  You think that is affordable on 68k?  We make almost double that and would have trouble paying that much every month living in WI.

For some reason when I saw 68k for family I thought it could be a person that makes at least 68k but has his family signed up for the insurance. But if family has to be both people working then yea, 34k per person is damn near nothing in this day.

Haha, another young lady with a heavy Indian accent at the Anthem call center argued with me that my address was possibly not correct, so Anthem couldn't send my ID cards.

I told her I've been using the same address for seven years and have been billed at this address every month. She still asked me if I was sure.

Each time I call there's another insult to my patience and my sanity. But still no ID card or insurance statement!

The mail just came, and still no ID card or policy statement. It has been THREE WEEKS since my premium payment was cashed. The card was supposed to arrive in 7-10 days.

On the phone now (on hold, of course) to make yet ANOTHER request for my damn ID cards! I had to navigate through four levels of their damned automated system to get to this point, and this is the membership number I'm using now. I was told the other day this number would get me "right through" to a representative.

I thought about getting a different company to insure me through Obamacare, but they're all bad, according to online surveys and complaint sites.

Congressional Budget Office: Obamacare Will Lead To 2 Million Fewer Workers In The Labor Force By 2017

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cbo-obamacare-lead-2-million-154956476.html

Reading between the lines the article points to the fringe earners deciding to voluntarily withdraw from full time employment to reap better government subsidized benifits such as food stamp and health care, effictively raising their standard of living over their full time counterparts.

Wow, some of these people have problems with Anthem far worse than mine.

Some nightmarish stuff here:

http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Anthem+Blue+Cross

Am I seeing this right?

1 positive comment:

I callec today,Sept 23 about 1:15,Domonique took care of my problem. She provided excellent service.She has a friendly voice,is knowledgeabe a joy to speak too. She is an asset to your company. Thank you

Domonique 9/24/12 4:41PM

Okay, possible light at the end of the tunnel here.

After an hour and 45 minutes on hold, I spoke to a man named Robert who assured me he was sending those cars out "right now" and I should be receiving them in "10 to 14 business days". That's been their mantra, but sometimes it's "14 business days". He gave me his extension and told me to call back if the cards don't arrive in 10 days.

He warned me not to avail myself of the website's "Request ID card" function under Customer Support, as it would put me to the back of the line and the whole process would start all over.

Told me to wait...

I need some baseball to take my mind off this nightmare. 

I guess I've been hogging the thread lately, so I can understand the change.

On hold now 1 hour 15 minutes. Have to leave for work in another hour. They'd better answer the damn phone soon!!!

You aren't hogging anything.  Keep it up, you may be able to write a procedures manual for this disaster.