• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Browns trade Trent Richardson to Colts

halobob

Don't like this trade at all for the Browns.  You gave up last years #3 for probably a #20ish pick.  Read a story that they were going all-in in the Teddy Bridgewater sweepstakes.  They were already IN that sweepstakes.  At least when they draft him, or some other top rated QB, they'll already have a top-flight RB who knows the offense.  With this move they only lose value.

Only the Browns would make a move this stupid! The Giants should have been in on this, I'd have happily gave them our first rounder for Richardson. Hopefully this doesn't hurt his value on my fantasy team too much.

This should only help Richardson's fantasy value once he gets comfortable with the playbook.  The guy was a beast last year on a garbage team with not much else on offense.

I can't imagine being a browns fan.  Sorry mt.

One thing to consider with Richardson is that the Colts OL is still pretty unspectacular.  They have had a lot of trouble protecting Luck.

Ballard was running pretty well before he got hurt.

Colts also lost Dwayne Allen, a TE, for the season.  He was big in the week 1 win against the Raiders.  Colts have a very tough test against SF this week.  Both teams are coming off of a loss.

Sure but Richardson is an upgrade over Bradshaw and over Brown who blew a block last week that cost the Colts big time. I don't expect Sunday's game to go well for Indy but give them time and if he stays on the field its a great add for what will likely be a last half of round 1 pick. Indy has some young talented guys on offense to build around for years to come.

This should only help Richardson's fantasy value once he gets comfortable with the playbook.  The guy was a beast last year on a garbage team with not much else on offense.

I can't imagine being a browns fan.  Sorry mt.

Yeah that beastly 3.6 yards per carry. Dude has potential and the Browns should have gotten more for him, but I think he's vastly overrated at this point. Good player to have at the goal line though.

The browns had what was considered an average to bad line last year when it came to run blocking. 1,300 total yards and 12 TDs over 15 games from a guy who played with broken ribs part of the year is pretty damn impressive in the AFC north considering the browns had a horrible QB and teams stacked the box against them. The colts o line needs work but with Luck, Wayne, Hilton and Fleener teams won't be able to stack the box against them. The colts had the fewest receptions from RBs last year and for a possible mid to late 1st round pick its a good pick up.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

This is probably a great move for Richardson's career, get away from Norv.

I do not understand what the hell the Browns are doing. Richardson is a bit overrated in my opinion, but he isn't a scrub. In today's NFL, you don't necessarily need an all-pro back. Richardson was a great building block to have. There surely has to be more to this than just tanking.

Only the Browns would make a move this stupid! The Giants should have been in on this, I'd have happily gave them our first rounder for Richardson. Hopefully this doesn't hurt his value on my fantasy team too much.

Not me. Totally overrated.

I would be pissed if we gave up a number one draft pick to get a guy to come in and compete with last years #1.

He only had 950 yards and 11 tds last year.

Richardson wasn't doing anything or taking the Browns anywhere. The league is getting away from running backs.....whether drafting them high or paying them. Peterson will be the last high paid dude for a while.

The Colts aren't very good and had a lot of anomaly stuff happen last year to do as well as they did. So Browns add a pick around 10-17.

Although, I don't get these teams that constantly throw out first round picks on QBs year after year instead of building around one.

Depends what the pick turns into and how Richardson's career goes. He can't make people miss and was getting the rock about 30 times a game to get the yards he did.

I'm kind of with Brandon on this one. This is a passing league now and running backs are not what they used to be. At least in terms of NFL game plans. They are mainly used now to pick up blitzes and to dunk passes off to when all other options are gone. I don't think this is a bad move for the Browns. They now get two first rounders next year to draft by need

We won't know how good or bad this trade is until the draft and we see what the Browns get in return. The funny thing is, a lot of people are shocked by this trade and what a great deal it is for the Colts but if you ask them...would you want your team to give up a first round pick for Richardson they all say no.

No way would I want the Cowboys to give up a first rounder for Richardson. And this is coming from a fan of a team that was 31st in the league rushing last year.

Edited by Chimi

Browns are my team....

they are also the worst run NFL team.

Up until the recent change in management and coaching staff, I would say that my own Jacksonville Jaguars might have to be the leader in the clubhouse on that one. Jacksonville's first round draft picks since 2003 (and mind you, they have generally drafted pretty high):

Byron Leftwich, QB, Marshall; Reggie Williams, WR, Washington; Matt Jones, WR, Arkansas; Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA; Reggie Nelson, DB, Florida; Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida; Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia; Tyson Alualu, DT, California; Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri; Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State; Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M.

Of that group, only Lewis has made a meaningful contribution. Matt Jones was a QB in college, and a total bust at WR (not to be confused with his total busts for drugs before he was finally cut). Reggie Nelson has gone on to have a serviceable career, but only after being traded to Cincinnati. With Blackmon and Joeckel it is too early to say whether they will turn out to be good players. With the QB situation as bad as it's been (the Jags haven't had a good QB since Mark Brunell, and he was taken in the expansion draft, not drafted), they took a punter in the third round of the 2012 draft, a round ahead of the Seahawks pick of Russell Wilson. Former GM Gene Smith was the 2000s version of Matt Millen. He was a sucker for "feel good" stories and he was a very poor judge of talent. The current team is his legacy.

• 2 weeks later...