• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2 ladies shot by LAPD during Dorner manhunt

From what Ive seen LAPD has already offered a 2013 Ford F150 valued at over $32k. The dealership is paying all fees and taxes. But the snag is the attorney of the women refuses them to have to submit a 1099 tax form for accepting a donation.

There is going to be a massive lawsuit and the department is going to pay out. Hopefully the women pull thru but doesnt sound good. Just a bad situation all around.

you have to be f'n kidding me

The chief also wanted the women to appear in a photo op after they received the truck. Their attorney told them to bite off on that one. The LAPD is not handling this well. Give them their 4 door 4 wheel drive (brand new) truck and just eat ALL fees.

I tell you what, if I'm out in my car, doing my job, and the LAPD just opens fire at me out of nowhere, plugging my car over a hundred times, not to mention all the bullets that miss, and I land in a hospital, you damned right I'm gonna get paid along with a brand new vehicle (without any fees).

There's a real reason why the term "**** The Police" came out of Los Angeles.

LA City Attorney Carmen Trutanich:

"We may not get them an automobile, it may just be a check that will compensate them fully for their loss, without an admission of liability,"

Stay classy Los Angeles.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Newspaper-Delivery-Women-Shot-in-Christopher-Dorner-Manhunt-Truck-Update-197896841.html

If enough media stink is raised about this, some heads will roll.

Let's hope. I seriously doubt it though. The LAPD will pass it off as "self defense". It's a load of crap that nobody will be punished. Next time there's a mass murderer on the loose, cops are free to fire at will...and still keep their job. Great message.

• 1 month later...

If I was one of these women one of my actions would be to vocalize to the public and media these officers names and departments as loudly and frequently as possible, while at the same time raising hell and demanding justice is not served until both of those clowns are fired.

Law Enforcements refusal for officer accountability has forced me to lose respect for almost all of them.  

• 6 years later...