• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

That same storm hit us.  More strange ass weather yesterday.  Heavy snow, then freezing rain, then rain, then thunderstorm, then freezing rain, then snow.

That storm laid down a layer of ice before the 9 inches of snow. That ice is bonded to the road now and the temps are too cold for salt/sand or other chemicals to work. It's like driving on an ice rink on every single road. Can't see concrete or asphalt anywhere.

C'mon guys. Let's be a little more glass-is-half-full here. Enjoy your jean shorts and birkenstocks while the rest of the country freezes their balls off. 

Mom just sent me updates on Dad trying to clear the snow off the driveway.

dadplowingsnow_zpsa38ff5c6.jpeg

The driveway is about 300 yards long.

Nobody here knows how to drive in snow because we don't get much of it.  It's really scary.  

if it ever snowed here in l.a., the whole city would just come to a screeching halt. we don't even know how to drive in rain - snow would just paralyze us.

Hey, at this point I am just glad if at least the northern half of the state (Sierras) gets much needed rain/snow.

That's a start.

Even accuweather is flip flopping the past 2-3 days, one day it's rain this weekend, the next day it's just drizzle this weekend.

Edited by Angel Oracle

if it ever snowed here in l.a., the whole city would just come to a screeching halt. we don't even know how to drive in rain - snow would just paralyze us.

I remember as a young adult reading Thom Racina's "The Great Los Angeles Blizzard".    It was a pretty crazy story.  

The most recent measureable snow anywhere in LA County itself was early 1989, when some 2-4 inches fell in Canoga Park and also the area just north of the 5/118 interchange.

The most recent real snow in downtown L.A./Long Beach was in 1949.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I remember as a young adult reading Thom Racina's "The Great Los Angeles Blizzard". It was a pretty crazy story.

The most recent measureable snow anywhere in LA County itself was early 1989, when some 2-4 inches fell in Canoga Park and also the area just north of the 5/118 interchange.

The most recent real snow in downtown L.A./Long Beach was in 1949.

LOL. It snows in LA County every year.

Mountains anyway, meant to say in the proper L.A. county area under 1,500 feet altitude.

It snowed in Alta Dena back in 1987. Wasn't much but it was enough that we scrapped the front yard and made a snowman for my 2 year old son. It was shorter than he was. About an hour later it all melted away. Wish we had taken a picture of it.