• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

i'd like to think that all of us have reached the age where we no longer need to see some lugnut risking life and limb by standing outside in the middle of a hurricane to believe that one is actually happening. but alas, news directors around the world seem to think differently.

My stepdaughter is at a hotel in the Orlando resort corridor. She is traveling with a college friend on a pre-planned trip. They canceled plans to go on to Miami after two days at Disney World. She said that this morning they have water but no power. A lot of the streets are flooded and it is raining. I haven't heard from my sister in Jacksonville yet. I have been watching webcams this morning, with water washing over the seawall at St. Augustine and parking lots underwater there and at Fernandina Beach.

I am flying into Jacksonville on Thursday night.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/hurricane-ian-florida-updates-09-29-22/h_18a4492a66ebab672c3e3161aa7f2bb4

"There's literally nothing to come back to": Fort Myers Beach council member says most homes are gone

Dan Allers, a council member in Fort Myers Beach, described devastation at a level "that no one really anticipated or expected" as he walked through the area after Hurricane Ian on Thursday morning.

He estimated that 90% of the island is gone, including businesses that had been there for decades and had weathered several hurricanes.

"When I say gone, it's not just the insides of the houses — it's brick homes, it's houses that were on stilts, wood homes," Allers said. "It's gone."

3 minutes ago, St1ck said:

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/hurricane-ian-florida-updates-09-29-22/h_18a4492a66ebab672c3e3161aa7f2bb4

"There's literally nothing to come back to": Fort Myers Beach council member says most homes are gone

Dan Allers, a council member in Fort Myers Beach, described devastation at a level "that no one really anticipated or expected" as he walked through the area after Hurricane Ian on Thursday morning.

He estimated that 90% of the island is gone, including businesses that had been there for decades and had weathered several hurricanes.

"When I say gone, it's not just the insides of the houses — it's brick homes, it's houses that were on stilts, wood homes," Allers said. "It's gone."

brutal. the news this morning was saying it's probably going to take years to rebuild some of the things destroyed yesterday.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

brutal. the news this morning was saying it's probably going to take years to rebuild some of the things destroyed yesterday.

I grew up in Florida. Hurricanes were part of the deal. However, this one was more devastating and powerful than anything before it, rivaled perhaps by only Andrew, which leveled a good part of the Miami area (my uncle's house survived it, and he sold it for a bunch). Northeastern Florida survived relatively unscathed. My sister in Jacksonville said that they lost power twice, and almost immediately it came back on. They have had about an inch of rain. They may get more as the storm goes up the coast, but it is veering east, which takes it farther away. I have a buddy who is living on a boat in the Clearwater area. When he returned today, his boat was intact. My stepdaughter said that the power was off for about 4-6 hours in her Orlando hotel, but is back on now.

The storm is expected to regain hurricane strength over open water, and make landfall again as a Cat 1 storm in the Carolinas on Saturday.

On 9/29/2022 at 12:53 PM, St1ck said:

Here is a time lapse video from  Fort Myers Beach that puts things in perspective.

https://www.facebook.com/johnnytorrey/videos/3249747021906158

On 9/30/2022 at 3:13 PM, gotbeer said:

While I would like to think it's real.  This ruined it for all Weather Channels hurricane coverage.

One thing that I also noticed: If he is bracing against the wind, he is bracing in the wrong direction. From watching the plants behind him, the wind is blowing from right to left in the frame. However, he seems to be bracing against wind coming from the opposite direction.  He is leaning in the same direction that the wind is blowing, which doesn't make sense.

The guys crossing the street behind him are the dead giveaway, though.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan