• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

From The OCR Angels Blog - Conger's throwing an issue for Scioscia

But would you rather have Hank playing 40-50 games with the big club, or playing 120-130 in AAA where he can develop the consistency that he seems to be lacking. Or at least work on memorizing Victoria Secret's catalog's so he doesn't nearly take off Weaver's head again. 

How many more options does Conger have, can't be too many.

How many more options does Conger have, can't be too many.

This year is his last option year, so the team is in a precarious situation with regards to Conger. But there were always questions as to whether or not he would remain behind the plate. He and the Angels are running out of time.

Cough... already on the team... cough... before he was manager.... cough

We really have no idea what affect MS had on Molina who had already been developed in the minors and had some experience in the majors before MS came here. I'll give you him though since Mike arrived in 2000 and that is the year Bengie became the regular catcher. I would love to hear an interview of Molina talking about Scioscia's influence.

Cough...Bengie... cough... Molina... ack..

But would you rather have Hank playing 40-50 games with the big club, or playing 120-130 in AAA where he can develop the consistency that he seems to be lacking. Or at least work on memorizing Victoria Secret's catalog's so he doesn't nearly take off Weaver's head again. 

40-50 with the Angels, no question.  Conger is 25 and you should probably find out what he can do with a decent amount of major league playing time.  I like his chances of doing better than the other backup candidates.

Conger is hitting .429 this Spring, which is much too high for a catcher. He should stay in AAA until he learns how to balance his offense and defense.

Back in 2011 he said he was going to throw the hitting part out the window.

He clearly isn't trustworthy.

40-50 with the Angels, no question.  Conger is 25 and you should probably find out what he can do with a decent amount of major league playing time.  I like his chances of doing better than the other backup candidates.

If he didn't have "Major League Regular" upside, I'd be all for it. As a backup off the bench, he provides lefty pop which this team seriously lacks. But if his future IS behind the plate, then this last option year needs to be burned so his defense can catch up with his game calling abilities. Thanks to the arm injuries, he's only caught a total of 340 games in the minors, barely three seasons worth of what most backstops will provide, and that's over a seven year period. 

If he becomes the sole backup option with the Angels, he's a bust and so be it. But why not see if the team can drain any sort of trade value they can out of him if he starts to show the consistency that he is supposedly showing while on the practice field?