• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

From The OCR Angels Blog - Conger's throwing an issue for Scioscia

Hester is the other option??? That guy take half an hour to throw to 2nd. I can't believe this type of stuff is going to continue

Don't forget Luke Carlin!

32 year old career minor leaguer with no bat but a good defensive reputation despite mediocre results in the majors.

Sounds like the perfect fit.

Maybe you're right or maybe you're not ... I'll take MS's opinion before yours. btw I'm rooting for the kid. Watched him play since his Little League days.

Yeah, I'm pulling for Conger too. I hope he makes all of his throws and does well defensively from here on out. I don't want to see Hester or Carlin as our backup catcher this season. Conger has an incredible bat and at best will catch 1-2 a week. He's proven he can call a good game too. 

Hester and Carlin are not quality major league backups.

I agree Chuck. Conger has potential to be a starter (Not saying he'll ever reach that), but it's time for the guy to get a chance. Hester and Carlin have proven they are not MLB level backups. At least Conger has some upside

my faith in scioscia has waned so much, i honestly have a really hard time trusting him, or even knowing what it is he's supposed to excel at. these feelings are miles apart from where i once was with thoughts of him.

the irony of it all is that it comes up in the catching department so often. mathis/hester, i just don't get it.

The problem I have with Conger being a back up, is the same problem I have with Romine being the utility infielder. Back up positions, in my opinion, should be reserved for journeymen veterans. They shouldn't play much who are extremely strong defensively. It does no good for the development of a player to sit on the bench in the bigs when he could be getting his reps in AAA. 

The problem I have with Conger being a back up, is the same problem I have with Romine being the utility infielder. Back up positions, in my opinion, should be reserved for journeymen veterans. They shouldn't play much who are extremely strong defensively. It does no good for the development of a player to sit on the bench in the bigs when he could be getting his reps in AAA. 

Backing up Iannetta at catcher is different though. Iannetta won't play more than 110-120 games at most so that leaves a good deal of games for Conger.

Backing up Iannetta at catcher is different though. Iannetta won't play more than 110-120 games at most so that leaves a good deal of games for Conger.

But would you rather have Hank playing 40-50 games with the big club, or playing 120-130 in AAA where he can develop the consistency that he seems to be lacking. Or at least work on memorizing Victoria Secret's catalog's so he doesn't nearly take off Weaver's head again.