• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jack Clark: Pujols was a 'roider

yk9001

One night I accidentally stumbled into the Cardinals' locker room and was greeted by the sight of Pujols injecting his juicy, rotund booty with the finest steroids. If that's not proof then I don't know what is.

That's not true, the Cardinals don't have a locker room.  They go to a local chicken restaurant, and drink beer to gear up for their games.

Well, ya. He just got a huge contract and then dropped off big time. Now that he has his money, it's not worth getting caught. Don't you think that's a little fishy?

That is a false argument.  Pujols had a big contract with St. Louis before the contract he signed with the Angels.  Now you could provide the argument that Pujols may have stopped juicing because he is a hall of famer and he worries about his legacy.

Colon?  He has no legacy to care about.  He is just doing it for the job.

Not sure how to put this into sentence form but I'll try. Back before PEDs players would start their decline in their early 30's, around 33 or 34. That is about when the injuries would start to wear on them. So as we are seeing Pujols break down there is a lot of speculation that he is breaking down because he is no longer doing roids. In reality it could just be the natural regression due to age. I have no idea if he was a user, I just know that him breaking down now isn't an indication one way or another.

That is probably the best argument that he isn't juicing.  His regression fits the time where normal regression occurs.

I know it's complete hearsay with Pujols, but when a guy like Colon just finished serving a 50-game suspension, and then goes right back to juicing, basically flaunting it in front of everybody, how can anybody really be surprised when you find out anybody is juicing? 

MLB testing didn't catch the overwhelming majority of guys who were just suspended.  The only ones who get caught are either stupid or arrogant.  Canseco, among all of his other 100% correct statements (which were also hearsay, btw), estimated that 85% of MLB players juice.  Even if that's an extreme overshoot right now, if the number is even half of that, it's still a whole lot of PED going on.  

With the type of money involved and the many players around you seemingly doing much better at their job. Doesn't it make sense that quite a few players would feel the need to keep up, especially those who would be in line for the big contract. Seems like a no brainer to me. On the other hand, one should not call out players without positive proof. Kind of seems douche like to me. 

One night I accidentally stumbled into the Cardinals' locker room and was greeted by the sight of Pujols injecting his juicy, rotund booty with the finest steroids. If that's not proof then I don't know what is.

I think flute is trying to indirectly hint that, that is not what he had expected to see.... :P

With the type of money involved and the many players around you seemingly doing better at their job, doesn’t it make sense that quite a few players would feel the need to keep up, especially those who would be in line for the big contract. Seems like a no brainer to me. On the other hand, one shouldn’t call players out without positive proof. Kind of seems douche like to me. 

Unless you crave attention, and need money.

Babe Ruth was either juicing or he was a rare exception to the rule that hitters regress in their 30's. He put up a .985 OPS at age 39.  

People wonder why I can be condescending on this board.  Maybe because people post very stupid things.  

Yes Babe Ruth put up OPS of 985 as a 39 year old.

However, looking at his OPS

at age 25:  1.379

age 28:  1.309

age 29:  1.252

age 31: 1.253

age 32: 1.128

age 39:  0.985

So, what exactly do you call regression?  That certainly looks like regression to me!

So I guess that doesn't mean roiding!