• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Season Seat holders 2014 Invoices

ispy45

No. You started inferring a bunch of bullshit. 

There aren't many places in this country that are more than an hour or two from a MLB, MILB, or NCAA baseball team.  I live within an hour of more than a dozen.  I can get Major League Baseball tickets for $4.  

It is not a crappy product.    The Houston Astros have been a crappy team lately.   I can see people getting bent over something like that, but I still don't get why you'd avoid the ballpark completely.  The Angels are not the Astros.  They are 140-135 over the last two years.  Relatively speaking, their payroll is high and tickets are affordable.  They are trying to win.  They have the best player in baseball.  They have other homegrown and hometown players that are, allegedly, decent citizens, in addition to being good players.

The stadium is easily accessible.  It is not a historic place where Babe Ruth or Frank Chance played, but it also isn't a dump like those places.  It isn't as great as the fancy new parks, but that is partly why your tickets or so affordable... if you are one that likes to get off your couch and enjoy a sport you supposedly like once every couple years.   

I'm a baseball fan.  If the Angels were as bad as the Astros, I'd still go to games.  I enjoyed going to games when the Angels stunk.  It is more fun when they win, of course.  We all go to more games when they are better.  I also enjoy when all the bitchy people leave the stadium during a game like tonight's.  

Like the guy behind me tonight saying Conger was a AAA catcher and criticizing Hamilton for not throwing home on a deep sac fly with Gentry on 3rd. 

I swear the game is so much more enjoyable when the dedicated fans are there late in the game. I can't stand the fake girls and know it all dads I hear around me sometimes. Glad my GF is knowledgeable about the game so I can have good discussions with her and not have to hear everything going on around me. 

Also, I can see why some people don't wanna go to games anymore. Personally, I would feel weird not going to games. When it's the offseason, I am often bored since I can't be at a game multiple times a month.

Crappy baseball is still much more fun for me than anything else. With cheap tickets and convenience, it's even more enticing for me to go. And seeing Trout play is something I'll always cherish. 

I've never understood the whole "I'm a better fan than you" debate.  Can someone explain why people care and get into heated debates over who likes the team more?

No one is doing this. This thread has been hijacked into a different topic.

I love being at the ball park.  I loved being there for Jered's no hitter and for other memorable occasions.  I enjoy baseball so much more in person.  I get to see the whole field and not just what they choose to show me on TV.  I'd rather watch the whole field than just the game from behind the pitcher as a point of view.  I like the social aspect of being at the ball park too - which includes the relationships you build with other fans who are regulars in your section and even with the staff working at the stadium. 

That being said - it's hard to enjoy games when the team is playing horrific baseball.  I can't blame people for choosing to do something else with their time.  It's emotionally draining to watch bad baseball and even harder to watch players who appear to give less than their best effort at times.  I rarely leave early, but find myself doing that more this year and even skipping a few more games than I normally would.  It definitely takes a toll on my mood when the games are so bad and disappointing.

I'm torn.  I will renew, but it's getting harder to make that kind of commitment and it does take a lot of commitment.

I love being at the ball park.  I loved being there for Jered's no hitter and for other memorable occasions.  I enjoy baseball so much more in person.  I get to see the whole field and not just what they choose to show me on TV.  I'd rather watch the whole field than just the game from behind the pitcher as a point of view.  I like the social aspect of being at the ball park too - which includes the relationships you build with other fans who are regulars in your section and even with the staff working at the stadium. 

That being said - it's hard to enjoy games when the team is playing horrific baseball.  I can't blame people for choosing to do something else with their time.  It's emotionally draining to watch bad baseball and even harder to watch players who appear to give less than their best effort at times.  I rarely leave early, but find myself doing that more this year and even skipping a few more games than I normally would.  It definitely takes a toll on my mood when the games are so bad and disappointing.

I'm torn.  I will renew, but it's getting harder to make that kind of commitment and it does take a lot of commitment.

Did they lower the price of your invoice? If so, by how much?

It isn't surprising that they lowered the invoice a bit. I've always wanted to get my boyfriend season tickets. We both personally haven't been to very many games this year at all. I think it might stand at 2 or maybe 3. One of those being on my birthday. A big reason for that is the fact that I work evenings to late night so that squeezes right into the game time of typical Angels game. And lately they have been on the road on a day when I have off. I would love to go more games because I always enjoy watching baseball games live. But man with the way they are playing definitely makes it harder to want to spend the money to go to a game. No matter how bad this team is doing, my bf says he will always be a die hard angel fan even when he grunts and says why do I even bother when they lose yet another game.

Season tickets might have to wait another year.

I will continue to be a season ticket holder and support the team. I have been frustrated all year like the rest of you, but I look at it differently I guess. To me it's still an affordable night out with my son and my girl friend. I enjoy being at the game and know that I would miss it too much not having seats. Also if I didn't have season seats I would make excuses not to go to games. The Angels are my only real hobby and I figure it's a great way to spend some expendable cash.

You sir need to buy yourself a remote control plane. At least when it crashes, there's no one to blame but yourself. And it's awesome. 

I hear ya on being an affordable night out, and just being out at the park is enjoyable for me. One huge upside is that I'll be sitting in field box seats quite a bit next year. It'll be like I'm back in the 70's. 

I do not have season tickets, but this year I have enjoyed all the giveaways I've gotten, the concert I saw, seeing Mike Trout hit for the cycle, and the fact that the Angels have only lost 1 game I've been to.

I've also enjoyed seeing my friends from AW

This board needs to make sure that Katie goes to every home game next year...    Seems good things happen when she's at the park.

My 2014 pricing is 4-5% higher .  The section I'm in was assimilated into Field All-Star from Field Preferred this season, supposedly at a discount to regular All-Star pricing. I had expected a bit of an increase this year as they jacked me in line with full All-Star pricing. Still about $9 increase a seat per game over 2 years. There's only 1 reason that I'm renewing...TROUT .