• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Season Seat holders 2014 Invoices

ispy45

I really do understand why people wouldn't renew, if money was tight it would be a very rough decision. I also think part of it for me is that as a kid I dreamed of being a season ticket holder and taking my kids to games. I just like it despite the performance on the field.

I suppose my comment was hyperbole, as I kinda more or less meant I can't imagine being a season ticket holder the past couple years after how poorly we've performed.

Because I also see it from your side. A couple years ago I was actually considering going in on season tickets with 3 other people with free premium parking, and it was gonna cost me $1000 or whatever but I didn't care, because I understand that as a kid you thought being able to go to as many games as you wanted would be awesome.

I kinda felt the same way about Disneyland recently, as I never had passes there but finally could afford them and jumped on it for a year or 2 because it was just my dream to be able to go to the park whenever I wanted for free. So me and my girl got to enjoy that toegether and it didn't really matter how much it cost, because we had a blast every time we went.

Also I will disagree about going to the game and watching it at home, I'd much prefer being at the stadium. Especially when the games are good.

Call me weird all you want, the worst place to view a baseball game is at the stadium itself IMHO.  We have a much better view from home thanks to HD television.  

Nothing beats watching a ballgame in the Knothole or Diamond Club.

Nothing beats watching a ballgame in the Knothole or Diamond Club.

Only if somebody else is paying for the tickets.  <g>

Seriously though, baseball is the one sport I have a hard time watching live in a stadium.  Too many tards making noise, talking, tossing beach balls, doing the wave, cheering or booing for no reason, etc, etc.  And I'm usually stuck in the same row as somebody with an overactive bladder who never bothers to go between innings. 

We had season ticket to the Angels 2002 season right on the aisle dead center behind home plate a few rows up on top of the pressbox (I still think they were among the best seats in the house). That was after moving ever closer over the course of several years. When we went to renew our tickets in 2003 they told us the best they could give us was down the line out halfway past third base. This was because we chose not to order the playoff seats which, at the time, they were asking for 3x the cost of the entire season just for the post season with zero refund, only a credit back. At the time we couldn't afford to part with 4 months rent, so we passed.

That was the last time we bought season tickets and the last season we saw more than a handful of games at Angels Stadium. We moved a few years after that.

All that is to say, as long as they think the Angels are not going to suck, they stick it first to the Season Ticket Holders, then the rest of the fans. But when they think the Angels are going to suck, they do whatever they can to accommodate the fans.

To me, based on what has been posted in this thread so far, it indicates to me an acknowledgement by the Angels organization that A) they're not getting the numbers at the ballpark they would like to have (when was the last time Angels Stadium was sold out?) and B ) the Angels, despite what they will protest, are going to be rebuilding the organization, and they expect that the majority of bandwagon fans will fall off and disappear next year as a result of the off-season.

Sorry, folks, but I actually think this is the best thing the Angels can do for the long-term health of the organization, despite its painful short-term meanings.

I haven't gone to a game yet this season and I don't regret it a bit.

Can't imagine being a season ticket holder.

Yap.

I wouldn't have mentioned it on here before this thread, but I've not gone to a game in 2 years (well last year and so far this season).

We live in LA (towards the SFV), so we have a longer drive but we still used to go to ~15 to 20 games a year most of last decade.

Now, -zero- games in two years.

For us, it would cost enough that we can go to almost any other fun destination besides say...the SD Wild Animal Park or Disneyland, and with the other options we get infinitely more entertainment for our $$$.

The worst part...I'm starting to not miss it.  I guess you put out a crappy, uninspired product long enough and one forgets why they used it to begin with.

I still follow baseball so I'll follow the team on the radio - or TV if really bored - but I can't imagine someone paying for season seats unless they just like to sit outside and figure being close to fast food is better than just sitting at a park near their home.

Edit:  Wife just said we really only went to 10-13 games a year or so but still...  Damn their record-keeping mind.

It is not a crappy product.    The Houston Astros have been a crappy team lately.   I can see people getting bent over something like that, but I still don't get why you'd avoid the ballpark completely.  The Angels are not the Astros.  They are 140-135 over the last two years.  Relatively speaking, their payroll is high and tickets are affordable.  They are trying to win.  They have the best player in baseball.  They have other homegrown and hometown players that are, allegedly, decent citizens, in addition to being good players.

The stadium is easily accessible.  It is not a historic place where Babe Ruth or Frank Chance played, but it also isn't a dump like those places.  It isn't as great as the fancy new parks, but that is partly why your tickets or so affordable... if you are one that likes to get off your couch and enjoy a sport you supposedly like once every couple years.   

I'm a baseball fan.  If the Angels were as bad as the Astros, I'd still go to games.  I enjoyed going to games when the Angels stunk.  It is more fun when they win, of course.  We all go to more games when they are better.  I also enjoy when all the bitchy people leave the stadium during a game like tonight's.  

It is not a crappy product.    

I disagree.   It is a crappy product.

At least if you define watching baseball as entertainment and then further define it as what attributes of it entertains you.

I never said it's crappy because we lose.   Only a couple teams each year will realize true success.

It's also not crappy because of failed expectations.  Those are debatable each year.

It IS crappy (for me) because I get no entertainment from watching guys look like they are doing us a favor trotting out each night - and led by a manager that seems to be going into a diabetic coma all the time. 

Losing is one thing.  How they are losing is entirely unenjoyably.  That goes for half their wins as well.

Throw guys like Ersty, Figgy, Trout, and hell a bunch of Willits' scrapping each night to try and win and giving it 100%...and give me a manager who shows some fire when needed...and I'll see you at the ballpark tomorrow night.

It is not a crappy product.    The Houston Astros have been a crappy team lately.   I can see people getting bent over something like that, but I still don't get why you'd avoid the ballpark completely.  The Angels are not the Astros.  They are 140-135 over the last two years.  Relatively speaking, their payroll is high and tickets are affordable.  They are trying to win.  They have the best player in baseball.  They have other homegrown and hometown players that are, allegedly, decent citizens, in addition to being good players.

The stadium is easily accessible.  It is not a historic place where Babe Ruth or Frank Chance played, but it also isn't a dump like those places.  It isn't as great as the fancy new parks, but that is partly why your tickets or so affordable... if you are one that likes to get off your couch and enjoy a sport you supposedly like once every couple years.   

I'm a baseball fan.  If the Angels were as bad as the Astros, I'd still go to games.  I enjoyed going to games when the Angels stunk.  It is more fun when they win, of course.  We all go to more games when they are better.  I also enjoy when all the bitchy people leave the stadium during a game like tonight's.  

While I agree with most of what you say here, the team is a bad product right now. Unlike others.  We all live on a budget and one has to make a decision what to spend their hard earned money on and finite free time. Just because you choose something else doesnt not make you less of a baseball fan.

That's true.  Those are the only real fans.

How dare the rest of us...!

Real fans?. What are you talking about?  crappy sarcasm

I just wanted to know what are the discounts offered for other sections. I spend the money because it's great father and son time with my dad.

I haven't gone to a game yet this season and I don't regret it a bit.

Can't imagine being a season ticket holder.

Having season tickets is still great even when the Halos arent good. You get to watch the rest of the great talent still and enjoy the highest level of baseball. 

While I agree with most of what you say here, the team is a bad product right now. Unlike others.  We all live on a budget and one has to make a decision what to spend their hard earned money on and finite free time. Just because you choose something else doesnt not make you less of a baseball fan.

You aren't much of a baseball fan if you don't go to a game for two years.

You aren't much of a baseball fan if you don't go to a game for two years.

That is quite a blanket statement. So if one sits at home watching MLB extra innings from 4 pm-11pm catching multiple games on both coasts but never actually goes to a game they arent a true fan? 

Now if you are saying some are just fans of winners and we are seeing those people jumping off the wagon because they arent true baseball fans....there is a great level of truth to that. 

Baseball is so affordable.  They play almost every day. 

I can understand a football fan never going to an NFL game. I'm not a big fan of the sport, but I want to go once.  I sat in the 2nd row at center ice at an NHL Western Conference Finals game for the same price as it costs to get into the Broncos opener this year.  

That is quite a blanket statement. So if one sits at home watching MLB extra innings from 4 pm-11pm catching multiple games on both coasts but never actually goes to a game they arent a true fan? 

Now if you are saying some are just fans of winners and we are seeing those people jumping off the wagon because they arent true baseball fans....there is a great level of truth to that. 

I think what I said was.... 

"You aren't much of a baseball fan if you don't go to a game for two years."