• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Phillies GM Ruben Amare actually responding to criticism

NrM

I live in NJ right now and I get a lot of Philly talk on the radio. Ruben Amare was on, and was pretty much taking non stop criticism from the radio host and he was responding to everything. It was awesome.

I don't think he's a good GM at all, but at least he is willing to respond to the criticism, and be honest about what is going on in the org.

Now look at the Angels. 

Jerry Dipoto and Scioscia pretty much give the middle finger to angel fans. They never respond to criticism and the media never challenges them.

Really is pathetic.

Yup

Arte has spoken out once all yr i believe. Only one thing from jd "we're not buyers, we're not sellers" something along those lines. Sosh well he's been sosh

Has anyone owned up to this abortion of a season. How about some accountability from the FO...? Anything from anyone would be nice...is anyone besides the fans pissed about the 2013 season? Or is everyone just looking the other way in complete denial?

It's pretty hard to compare east coast media hubs like Philly, Boston and New York to Orange County.  It just isn't the same type of sports culture.  

I doubt anyone who's overly critical would get regular access to the front office or management teams of the Angels.  Sosh gets the same softball questions served up to him on a platter after every game, and they're mainly geared towards the players that sucked that night. "How do you feel about Blanton's performance tonight?  Well, he just missed a few spots and lost his command in the third.  What has to happen to get the team back on track?  Well, we just need some consistency from the pitching and to take it one game at a time."  Rinse and repeat.

I wish someone would rustle his jimmies just once out of pure frustration.  "So Sosh, what's up with no playoffs for the past four years?  When do you expect this team to be competitive again?  Why is Calhoun pinch-running off the bench while Cowgill and Shuck get regular starts?  The contact play rarely works, yet you consistently use it as a strategy, what's the deal?  

Haha...what?  If this board is any indication as to the types of calls he'd receive, he'd be well advised to avoid AM 830 at all costs.  F that noise!  I know I wouldn't do it

First question: "Why did you trade for an injured Vargas?

Second question: "Why you no make Hamilton hit better?"

Third question: "Why did you trade Corbin and Skaggs?"

and so on...

A dictatorship? It is a sports franchise, you choose to attend a game or not on your own accord. No one is forcing you to be a fan.

Who is making you buy tickets and watch the games?

Moreno knows that life long loyal fans will always be fans, and that bandwagoners come and go. He knows that he won't lose us. It isn't a dictatorship perse, but there's no way I stop being a fan of this team. 

Moreno knows that life long loyal fans will always be fans, and that bandwagoners come and go. He knows that he won't lose us. It isn't a dictatorship perse, but there's no way I stop being a fan of this team. 

He also knows some will hang out at the Carl's Jr and fill up on free refills and listen to the game on their transistor radio. It still doesn't mean he has to address that idiot's demand to have a press conference.

I'm not entirely sure Dipoto wouldn't respond to criticism if asked. The problem is, outside of the fans, no one in the LA media really cares about the Angels enough to ask. For being such a large market, you would think that LA media would have a bigger backbone. But they're more worried about what Hollywood celebrities are doing rather than the sports teams.

Arte Moreno is a businessman. Baseball is a business. Until the crowds stop coming and filling his coffers, nothing has to change. I'm sure he, Scioscia, Depoto and the whole organization want to win, but it didn't happen this year. The A's are a great ball club and can hardly draw 15,000. Their fans are passionate and much more loyal than Angel fans. When I was down from Northern California last week, I went to a few games. Most people around me were talking, or on their cell phones and not really paying much attention to the game. Without the signs that light up and tell you to "make noise!" it was a very passive crowd. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the few hundred people that post here and on the Angel's message board don't have much impact on Arte and the organization. It's the people who go out to the park with their families and lay out $100+ on a regular basis that Arte cares about.

"So Sosh, what's up with no playoffs for the past four years?  When do you expect this team to be competitive again?  Why is Calhoun pinch-running off the bench while Cowgill and Shuck get regular starts?  The contact play rarely works, yet you consistently use it as a strategy, what's the deal?" 

Man, I would love to hear Scioscia's honest responses to these questions.

Arte Moreno is a businessman. Baseball is a business. Until the crowds stop coming and filling his coffers, nothing has to change. I'm sure he, Scioscia, Depoto and the whole organization want to win, but it didn't happen this year. The A's are a great ball club and can hardly draw 15,000. Their fans are passionate and much more loyal than Angel fans. When I was down from Northern California last week, I went to a few games. Most people around me were talking, or on their cell phones and not really paying much attention to the game. Without the signs that light up and tell you to "make noise!" it was a very passive crowd. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the few hundred people that post here and on the Angel's message board don't have much impact on Arte and the organization. It's the people who go out to the park with their families and lay out $100+ on a regular basis that Arte cares about.

And some times that's all families want to do. Not everyone is some diehard that sits on baseball message boards all day pouting.

Haha...what?  If this board is any indication as to the types of calls he'd receive, he'd be well advised to avoid AM 830 at all costs.  F that noise!  I know I wouldn't do it

First question: "Why did you trade for an injured Vargas?

Second question: "Why you no make Hamilton hit better?"

Third question: "Why did you trade Corbin and Skaggs?"

and so on...

exactly - just refer back to the article a month or so ago about Moreno being hammered by fans when he's trying to eat. Why wouldn't they want to go on live radio for Q&A?